Friday, October 15, 2010

I just dropped off the boys. Travis, cousin Josh, and friend Sean to the local corn maze for a youth group outing. Tyler to the church for a sleepover "Jammin in your Jammies" night. Tommy is sitting at the table eating cookies and ice cream and being happy. A friend stopped by earlier with her 2-year-old grandson. The grandson was in the hallway and my friend was in the dining room when 2 loud, rambunctious teenage boys burst through the front door wearing scary masks and carrying plastic weapons. There was a scream, lots of crying, and for the next 1/2 hour we had an inconsolable little boy on our hands. It was an accident, they didn't know he was here, but I think they got message about why I don't like those masks. I made them leave the masks here and not take them to the corn maze like they wanted to. Travis was grumpy about it, but I was somewhat vindicated when we pulled into the parking lot and I could point out all the little kids and baby strollers that were headed for the corn maze. They were all in good moods when I left them.

No comments: