Thursday, November 19, 2009

Rough Day

It really was hard getting these boys going on school day today. They just didn't want to do it and it was irritating me that they weren't the least bit inspired to learn today. Meanwhile, 2-year old Tommy was getting into everything and adding to the frustration. He kept taking their papers, their pencils, climbing on the table, running off with their books, dumping out crayons, putting a little toy shark in the fish tank….he was into everything and it was driving me crazy!!! No, the irony of the situation wasn't lost on me; I was irritated with the oldest 2 for not being inquisitive enough, and frustrated by the little one for being too inquisitive. Isn't there a happy medium?

Tyler struggled for hours learning a new math skill. He just wasn't focusing, and we went over it a dozen different ways with different manipulatives and different strategies. In the end, he finally figured it out. I'm hoping it sticks with him for tomorrow's assignment.

Next week is Thanksgiving, and it looks like we're having the usual company. How we're all going to fit in this tiny little place still has me puzzled, but I'm sure we'll work it out somehow. The first Sunday of Advent is right after Thanksgiving, so I'll have to go dig my Christmas stuff out of storage. The tradition in our home is to decorate the day after Thanksgiving, sometimes starting on Thanksgiving evening if we're in the mood. I still haven't figured out where we're going to put anything.

My poor Scarebear has taken a beating this year by Tommy. I had him in the window for a few weeks, and occasionally on the table, but this last week he has landed on the kitchen counter and stayed there. I've probably left him there because he hasn't been on the floor as much this way. I love autumn, and am not in a hurry to see it go.

Things are going well. I'm enjoying my Wednesday night Bible study group. The scout groups are moving right along, Travis is going bowling on Saturday with his troop. This coming Sunday at church is the congregational Thanksgiving dinner, we're looking forward to that. Also on Sunday, I'm going to see that new Blind Side movie with some ladies from scouts; I'm looking forward to that too.

Have fun everyone!

No comments: