Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It’s Hot!

I realize that people in other parts of the country think we are whining about the heat, but when it gets over 100, it's hot! My house doesn't cool off at all, it stays over 90 through the night, and we just aren't used to this kind of heat, and we don't have air conditioning. I'm looking forward to some high temperatures in the 80s, soon, please.

I took Tyler and his friend over to Illahee State Park yesterday afternoon, to try to beat the heat. My mom brought Tommy and Travis to meet us. The kids had a good time cooling off in the water, but then it was time to get ready to go to Port Orchard. We all rode over in my mom's car (a/c) to drop Ty and his friend off for the night, and then we went to Manchester until sunset, still looking for a cool place to be.

We haven't figured out what we're doing today yet. We're still trying to get an appt. with the doctor for Tommy. They stressed at the emergency room how urgent it is that he see the doctor by today, but the doctor's office keeps saying they'll call us back, and haven't yet. Urgh! On the upside, Tommy ripped his bandage off yesterday and I saw that his finger actually resembles a finger again. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though, they were very skeptical at the ER. He is re-bandaged, and now he needs to be seen by a doctor. Hopefully, he'll get in this morning and they'll say it looks like its healing, and they'll send him home and we can find someplace to go to stay cool.

I truly believe in the power of prayer, so thank you all who have prayed. I'll post any updates.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Keep us posted!