Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas!

We had a fun Christmas Eve. Melissa and Geoff were here for the night. Scott, Amanda, & Josh came over for the evening. We were really busy, but it was fun.

It was snowing, again, but Melissa and I snuck out to do some last minute shopping anyway. Jeff and Geoff got to go out and run some errands. The snow and wind brought down some big branches in our yard, I'm glad nobody got hurt. There were some amazing icicles in our front bushes. When we were all safely back at the house we made clam chowder and Jeff made his traditional bread. Yummy dinner.


Glad the kids weren't on the swing set.

Pretty Icicles

In the evening we dissected frogs. Yes, I said we dissected frogs. I volunteered Melissa to take the lead on that project. I never really like science class when I was a kid. The boys all started off a little bit squeamish about the whole thing, but by the end everybody was fascinated; poking around in there trying to identify the different parts became a bit of a party. I'm pretty sure we spent more than an hour with the frogs. We'll probably do it again in a few years.

Getting Started

This is Fun!

Check out the Webbed Feet!


What's That?

The kids got to open one gift each. Then Scott, Amanda, and Josh left for the night. I pulled out the "What God Wants for Christmas" interactive nativity that was in my church mailbox a couple weeks back and we went through the nativity story. That was a hit! I like that better than our "Night Before Christmas" tradition. Even Tommy stopped fussing long enough to listen to the poem and see what was in the boxes.
They went to bed at a reasonable time, but somehow the cookies didn't get left out for Santa....oh well. Santa didn't put any chocolate in the stockings this year either.

1 comment:

Renlim73 said...

Man That was fun! I loved dissecting frogs with your boys! Love & Miss You!