Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Day of Rest, Mostly

I went absolutely nowhere today! I need to tomorrow, but today I took off. We didn't do much at all. Jeff took Travis and Tyler to Game Crazy to spend some of their Christmas money, but other than that we were pretty lazy.

Highlights of the day: Jeff's mom came over to visit for awhile. A friend stopped by for a few minutes. I got the "you are in charge of the nursery now, right?" phone call. I read a story to my kids. Tommy got into everything. We decided to leave the tree up a few more days.

I realize I never blogged about my tree, Rainbow. We did not get out all the fancy decorations this year. It was really very simple, so I wouldn't have to keep getting after Tommy or getting frustrated. He made a game of pulling the chain off the bottom branches, throwing it on the floor, and stomping on it. It's a little worse for wear. We made a rainbow paper chain, and some candy cane heart ornaments. I added some small bell decorations, a rainbow, and a castle. I thought about putting some fishing line on a couple unicorns, but realized I would be pushing my luck.





The picture was taken today, so is minus some candy canes and a gift or two. It's nothing like the trees we're used to, but somehow it fit this year. It did look better in person.

1 comment:

Renlim73 said...

It looked great in person, and I loved being able to share it with you!