Tuesday, December 30, 2008

December 27-28, 2008

Jeff in the hospital

Saturday was a busy day. I over-slept-in, I probably needed it though. Scott and Amanda came over so Scott could help me get Jeff's truck back home. Trav and Ty rode along just to get out of the house, and Travis rode back with Scott in the truck. I think it did him some good to be with his uncle for awhile.

I had to call a friend from Scouts to say I wouldn't be at the meeting that had already been rescheduled twice, and of course I had to explain why. I didn't know who to call about my not being at church the next day to work the nursery, because the person I would normally have called was out of town, and as of next week I am officially the Nursery Coordinator, and I would be the person to call. Oh well, I figured Ken and Jan (pastor and wife) knew, and they would explain if need be.
We had our Christmas present time with Melissa and Geoff. Then they had to finish packing up their stuff. I took them by the hospital, and then took them to Melissa's parent's house. They had to finish packing and spend as much time with family as they could.

Christmas with the Milners

I went back home to get Mom and the boys. They all wanted a chance to visit with Jeff, so we went to do that. Grandpa was there when we got there, and Jaycee popped in for a minute. She works in ICU, and was also substitute leader for the children's program the next day. I was able to tell her I wouldn't be there and felt that I had done my part, as her kids were the only ones we could think of that might actually make it to church the next day…lol

Visiting Daddy at the hospital

One of Jeff's nephews and his wife had stopped in to see him and had left a gift card. That was kind of them. It was also very useful. We went up to Fred Meyer's and bought Jeff a pair of slippers for the hospital and a new outfit to wear home. We took the slippers back to him right away because he really didn't like the hospital socks. Melissa and Geoff came by for a few moments.
When we got back home, we converted our guest room into Travis's bedroom, and moved his mattress and DVD player in. He spent his first night in his own room.

On our way home

Sunday morning I went over to the hospital alone. Scott & Amanda got there shortly after I did. We were present when the doctor came in and went over what needs to happen in the future. Jeff needs to be done smoking. He will be on medication for the rest of his life to help with his cholesterol, blood pressure, etc… He needs to eat right and get some exercise. Because a good portion of this seems to be genetic, I'm glad Scott was there to hear all of this too. We've also re-stressed to the children that they need to take care of themselves.

Geoff and Melissa stopped by for one last goodbye on their way to the airport. We don't know when we might see them again, but I'm sure it will be years. I am so glad they were here for us during this time, and I am glad they stayed with us as much as they did while they were in the states. I'm grateful for the internet and the telephone that makes it possible for us to stay in touch. We're hoping to meet in Hawaii sometime in 2010, but time will tell.

Goodbye at the Hospital

Mom called to say I had the diaper bag, oops! So Amanda and I went back to our place to deliver diapers. The rain and warming up seemed to be doing a good job of melting the snow and ice, so I took Mom to get her car, we ate, and then Amanda and I went back to the hospital. We left Jeff relatively early so he could get a good night's sleep, expecting him to be released the next day.


No comments: