Saturday, June 20, 2009

Beautiful Wedding, Swimming Success

We went to our friends' wedding this afternoon, and I loved the ceremony. It was simple and classy. It was very religious, but the minister didn't do a full-fledged sermon mid-ceremony. After the bride's father presented the bride, the singer sang "Cinderella" (Steven Curtis Chapman). It was beautiful; they didn't sing the whole song, just the first and last verses, very fitting. After the vows and rings, "From this Moment" (Shania Twain) was sung. It was wonderful.

We didn't get to stay long at the reception, missed the cake and all that, but did stay long enough to have a light lunch. Then we dashed off to the Scout swimming tests. Travis did great, and had a good time with the other Scouts during free time. After the swimming, the Scoutmaster looked over Travis's book and signed off the final requirements for rank, yay!

We brought Tyler's buddy, Noah, home with us again. I had to run him home this evening, but the boys really enjoy each other's company so it's worth it. I did have to tell them no for tomorrow, I don't want to drive back to Port Orchard until I have to on Monday.

I think most of the drama around here is going away, for awhile anyway. Good, I need to be able to relax at home, and to get into some kind of routine around here.

Tomorrow I'm teaching Children's Church. First we're having a church Father's Day breakfast. It should be good, but I need to get some sleep. Good Night!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Hi there Lori,
Looking forward to seeing you when Rainbow gets here. Was wonderong if you have any left over boxes after your move? My daughter needs to pack up a few things and I told her I,d look for a few boxes. Thought of you.

Thanks, Maureen

Lori said...

Maureen,

If you call Wal*Mart and tell them you want boxes, they will give you as many as you want. Just tell them you want 1 or 2 carts full of medium size boxes. The catch is, you have to pick them up about 6 a.m.

Most of our stuff went into storage, so we didn't unpack it. A friend of mine moved right after we did, so what few boxes we did unpack went to her.

I'm wondering if Rainbow will ever make it....