Monday, June 29, 2009

Lori Bell, Seamstress….

…or maybe not. It is funny how things tend to snowball, however. The next door neighbor had a small personal crisis the other day. She's a part-time dancer, and she was not pleased to discover that her younger sister had absconded with her costume pants. She needed to have some for Saturday night, so she came down and asked me to help her make some. She had found a pattern on-line, she had the material, and she just needed somebody who knew what they were doing to turn the material and pattern into pants. I guess that was me. It took a couple hours, but I did in fact manage to make her costume pants.

Later that day, I posted on Facebook that I had made the neighbor some pants. The next thing I knew, I had a friend trying to convince me to become her new tailor, well, just for hems. So here I am trying to tell her I'm not experienced and not sure about this and she pops up with "I'll bring you my Goodwill jeans to start on and after you've gained some experience you can work on my good pants." Hmmmm…maybe.

To add to the situation, Rainbow brought me Jurnee's pants to hem the very next day. Yes, this was already planned, but still. Until Saturday I hadn't touched a sewing machine in at least a year, and then it was only for something small.

Today the neighbor told me the other dancers loved her pants. I was glad to hear they were a success.

Scouts tonight. I hope everybody is doing well…visiting family and all. Miss you Melissa!

No comments: