Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday, June 5, 2009

My camera battery has died, and I do not where the charger is since the move. Urgh! No picture of Travis at his Court of Honor last night. I will have it up and running by the next Court of Honor, which isn't until August. He should be moving up at least 1 rank then.

Last night Tyler had a little friend come spend the night. I can call him a little friend, he is Tyler's best friend's younger brother, and he's 6. They seemed to have a good time, staying up playing cars last night, video games this morning, time in the pool, pizza and ice cream, shopping in Silverdale.

A storm blew in as we were leaving Scouts last night. The younger boys were a little worried, but they were okay. I'm just glad it cooled off a little. I get tired of the heat after awhile.

Travis did a cliché good turn today. An older lady was coming up from the retirement home across the street with her walker; she had left her glasses at the doctor's office on the corner. She asked Travis to run over and get them for her. I had been in the house up to that point, and came out just in time to see him looking in the door at the office, so I called him home. As soon as he explained what he was doing I left him to it. When he handed the lady her glasses, she told him she almost didn't ask him to help her because of his appearance…long hair, basketball shorts, hoodie jacket, and baseball cap on backward. I'm glad she asked him anyway.

Rainbow, I'm waiting for you to call back. Melissa, I hope we catch up this weekend. I'll try to be more interesting next time.

2 comments:

Rainbow said...

Travis sounds like he is dressed like every other boy in America. That was very nice of him to help her out like that.

Lori said...

He does, he looks like an all-American-boy to me. Many of the older generation still think boys should have crew-cuts and button down shirts tucked into their pants.

Now if she had seen Tyler she wouldn't have hesitated to ask. lol Or if she had caught him on a Scout day and he'd been in uniform...