Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Beautiful Weather

Sunday afternoon we had fun in the sun and in the pool. The neighbor girl came down, and after pool time the kids all played Play Station for awhile.



<


Joshua messing around.


 


 


 


Tyler having fun.


 


 


 


Everybody hanging out.


 


 


 

Monday night is Scout night for us. Travis had a regular patrol meeting, Tyler had the raingutter regatta. I think they all had a good time.

It was my first meeting since stepping down as a den leader. I told Rainbow it was going to be nice to not have to do anything for a change, and she said they would put me to work anyway. Well.....as soon as I got there the Committee Chair from the Boy Scout Troop asked me to sit in on a couple Boards of Review after the regular meetings (8:00). Okay, not a problem. Then the Committee Chair for the Cub Scout Pack put me in charge of awards for the regatta. I managed to pass that task off to Desiree, who quickly delegated to 3 other people. That worked well, as I was chasing Tommy around.

At the beginning of the meeting, the CubMaster asked Desiree and I if we would mind taking charge of our dens for a few minutes. He was immediately informed that I no longer have a den, which was the source for many comments and a few jokes. It was also a good segue into introducing the new Webelos I leader to some parents.


 


Tyler and Friend waiting to race their boats.


 


 


 


Tyler and another friend racing.

Tyler won this race. Looking at this pic, he's on the left.


 


 

It was near 90 here today, and just beautiful! The kids spent a bit of time in the pool. I made them get out around 2:00 to eat dinner and get ready to go to their friends' house, though. Jeff dropped them off in Port Orchard on his way to work, and I picked them up about 5 to take them to swimming. When we got home from swimming, they went back in the pool, of course!

The 13-year old neighbor girl came back down as soon as we took the cover off the pool. They seem to be striking up a friendship. I closed the pool down at 9:00 and put Tommy to bed. She went home to change, then came back and hung out watching TV and stuff with the boys. Okay.

Chalene Extreme arrived today. It came in a nice box to keep all the books, DVDs, and resistance bands together. I'm excited to start it, and a little nervous. I want to get a weight-loss bible study/curriculum to do at the same time I do Chalene Extreme, and am hoping to start next week. I know that any changes I make have to be life changes and attitude changes. I want to keep the weight off when I lose it this time, not put it right back on. It has to matter.

Well, that's enough for now. Have a good week everybody!

3 comments:

Kim said...

That pool is awesome! Have you heard of PRISM? It is a christian based food plan that is geared towards weight loss. Here is a link to their web site.

http://www.pwlp.com/

I joined a prism support group in Bremerton in the past and was pretty succesful. Wish they had a group here.

Lori said...

PRISM looks similar to another program I was considering...Thin Within.

I think I'll start out with The Daily Word for Weight Loss, and see how that goes. I'm thinking it may help me get back into daily Bible reading, which I need to do.

You know you could always start a group there. :-)

Rainbow said...

I want to be in the pool swimming it looks like fun.