Monday, August 10, 2009

I have a horrible sinus thing going on. Travis and Tyler had it last week. Ugh. About 4:00 a.m. I took some Nyquil and crashed on the couch. When Tommy got up he just wanted his momma's attention, but didn't get it. I had to wake Jeff and tell him that I was not able to take care of Tommy. That was a yucky feeling. I went back to bed, and Jeff made pancakes for the boys.

Tyler has gone off to Cle Elum for a few days with friends. That feels weird to me, I miss my boy. Our old neighbor called and invited Ty to come over and play on Saturday, which turned into a sleep-over, which turned into 4 days at the lake in Cle Elum. I talked to him today, he's having fun. Last night they went to a movie, today they made butter at the museum and went swimming at the pool. Tomorrow they're going on a hike in the Petrified Forest, and he's due home on Wednesday.

It's a shame I feel so yucky, or I could take advantage of some quality time with Travis. Maybe tomorrow I'll be feeling better, and we can do something. He likes it when we play board games and go on walks together, so maybe…

Right now I am missing my old neighborhood, missing the walks we used to go on, missing the semi-privacy of our yard, missing the summer the kids could've had: riding bikes with their friends, running through the house, playing tag, impromptu parties. I know that somehow, someway this is all going to work out for the best but I do still miss it all. It was weird seeing the neighborhood from the neighbor's house; it looked different from that perspective.

This week I have a Boy Scout Committee meeting on Thursday evening. Tyler's buddy, Noah, is probably spending the night on Thursday also. On Saturday we are going to an Eagle Court of Honor…it's a big deal in the Scouting world.

My brother-in-law, Scott, got tired of his car leaving him on the side of the road. When I picked them up Friday night, he offered me his car. On Saturday, he and Jeff went and got it. It's a pretty, purple Dodge Stratus. It runs great, when it runs. The problem is it dies for no apparent reason and with no warning. Jeff thinks we can fix it, and when it's free, why not?

Rainbow had an excellent time at the wedding: danced all night in the garage with the band and drank beer from the keg. She said the wedding was a beautiful Christian ceremony.

That's all for now, have a good week everybody.

2 comments:

Kim said...

The good things about your move to Bremerton:
1. Closer to your church
2. More activities like swimming and parks for the boys
3. closer to stores and shopping!
Hope you feel better soon.

Maureen said...

You don't have to stay where you are forever. Keep lookin for that perfect place and if port Orchard is the place, so be it.

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Thanks for the update about Rainbow. Glad they had a wonderful time.