Thursday, August 28, 2008

He's Walking!.....

....and reaching, and dumping! Tommy is a quick, smart little monster. He will get what he wants, a cup, the TV remote, my salad bowl...even if he has to climb up to get it. I need to break him of the habit of climbing up by the wood stove insert though. I just put him in his jumper, and he's yelling at me for it. I needed a minute to type without watching him dump out my file folders or shake my computer desk like an earthquake. He is just so darn cute.

Well, I have been rather busy, and didn't get my workouts in for the last two days. I tried to make up a little of it today. I got a 3.5 mile walk in and did a kick-butt leg routine. It's not quite as awesome as the one we used to do, Melissa, but it does the trick.

Travis told me today that he is looking forward to school starting this year. He also gave me some ideas of things he would like to study or try this year. Usually it's like pulling teeth getting feedback from them other than "I don't want to do school". However, we're looking at making books this year, and there is an interest in chemistry. He seems to have an interest in early Amercian history as well...so there's a jumping off point for us.

I have agreed to help plan the Cub Scouts kick-off event for the first week in September. I also need to get my ducks in a row for den activities, it sounds like my den has doubled in size, which is a good thing. I think Tyler and I will be going to Mom and Me camp this winter, as I think he needs a little one on one time.

At church, Travis has graduated out of the children's group and will officially be a youth this year. Where does the time go? I want him youth group though, seeing older teens studying the Bible and having good fellowship time. I think that will be good for him, because most of the kids he's been hanging out with this summer have not had the best influence on his attitude.

I have such a hard time believing the things parents let their kids do....and I'm talking about my brother-in-law and a friend of mine....they just don't have the same morals and values I do. Why let kids, (and yes, I think 14 is still a kid) play those horrible games where they can rape people and do drugs? How crazy is that?

Well, I'd better close this before I get all worked up. I have some surfing to do anyway, looking for a chemistry set and some fun history projects....

Until next time....good night!

1 comment:

Rainbow said...

What are you talking about you didn't miss your workout for two days. You do have three boys, one now beginning to walk so u r busy chasing them around all the time basically. That in it self is a workout!! Don't forget to stop and breath among the craziness. Love................Rainbow