Sunday, August 17, 2008

Home From Camp

We are home from Family Camp. Dosewallips is a pretty nice place to camp. We had a guided hike with the ranger, went fishing on the riverbank, hiked over to the Hood Canal where some of the guys dug up clams and oysters, and drove up to a beautiful area where we could swim and wade at the bottom of a waterfall. We also played football, basketball, track ball, badminton, Frisbee, and just hung out with friends.




At campfire on Saturday evening, we had a visit from the ranger and his son (an eagle scout), and had a lot of fun doing skits and singing songs. There was a potluck dinner, which included fresh fried oysters and wonderful clam chowder. A good time was had by all. We are all tired, in need of showers and comfy beds. I will try to post some more pictures in the coming days.

Jeff had to work Friday night, but he joined us Saturday afternoon. The boys and I set up camp on Friday, with many helping hands. I no sooner had Tommy out of his car seat, then somebody had taken him from me to entertain while I unloaded the van. Two other people had our tent up in no time. It was really amazing to me, and I very much appreciated it.

3 comments:

Rainbow said...

LOVE!!! The pictures looks like alot of fun. This is such a great way to visually see whats going on with those boys and they are growing up way to fast. Is Travis taller than you?? You look great in your photo you should be proud of the work your doing working out and stuff. Tommy, what a cutie. Did he enjoy camping?? Talk to you soon. Love Rainbow

Renlim73 said...

I second Rainbow's Comments!
Love Ya!

Lori said...

They are growing up entirely too fast! I still have a couple inches on Travis, although probably not for long. Camping didn't seem to bother Tommy at all.