Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A perfectly normal day

I got up this morning, got dressed, changed the baby, and made breakfast. Then we sat down to watch Curious George with Tyler. After awhile, Travis came out complaining that he must have been bit by a bunch of mosquitos. I glanced up at him, and was shocked to see my son completely covered in hives!

I told him to go take a shower, and then dosed him with Benadryl and covered him with anti-itch cream. I changed the sheets on his bed. We went down the list: any new soaps, deodorants, food, plants, etc...? Not that we could think of. I did discover what looks like spider bites on him, 3 of them. The Bendaryl made him tired, so he went in to take a nap. When I woke him for dinner, about 1:30, there wasn't a sign of hives on him at all.

We did our normal chores, decided not to walk in the pouring rain today, and made an apple crumble for desert. Then, about 7:00, Travis comes back out of his bedroom completely covered in hives again. Urgh! So, we went through the routine again. I did some on-line research, and have discovered that disappearing and reappearing is common, and that I am doing what I should be doing. I hope they go away soon, they look terrible!

I feel so bad for him, he's itchy. Poor kid. He's in bed now, they all are...which is why I can type this. I'm praying it goes away soon.

Quick personal update: I only lost 1/4 pound at weigh-in this week, which prompted me to look over my records for the last week. I didn't record what I ate camping, but I know we had s'mores, trail food loaded with nuts and chocolate, potato salads, roasted hot dogs, etc.... I also missed 4 workouts (Friday-Monday). I should be counting it as a blessing that I lost anything, instead of gaining! Oh well, incentive to get right back to work. I'm on track for this week, anyway.

I started a list today of things I need to do soon: look up recipes, make a meal plan for Tommy, decide on a daily schedule for school. I'll need to move my workout from evening to morning when all the normal school year activities start again, which is very soon. I also need to plan out my first month's Cub Scout meetings...it's going to get busy very soon. I should get some rest while I can.

Good Night!

1 comment:

Rainbow said...

I love all the pictures. Keep me informed about Travis if they stay longer than three days you will most likely want to take him in. Tyler you can come and make soup for me any day!! Love ya all. Later..............Rainbow