Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hi There!

Okay, Rainbow kind of pushed and prodded, and here I am starting a blog. I don't know that my life is all that interesting.

Quick overview of my life in general: We're homeschooling the kids, but haven't started the new school year yet. Jeff is still driving a fuel truck at night, although they keep bouncing him back and forth between the Bremerton plant and the Tacoma plant; they also have him working days as a mechanic sometimes. We're just grateful he's getting hours. I'm just starting to plan Tommy's 1st birthday party.

Travis is a Boy Scout now, Tyler is a Bear in Cub Scouts. I am on the Boy Scout Troops committee, as the advancement chair. I am Tyler's Bear Den Leader in the Cub Scout Pack. I am declining to be the special events chairperson this year.

We're very active in our church, and have many friends there. I taught crafts again this year at VBS, and have agreed to work in the Wednesday evening program this fall, although I don't know what my role will be. I also have a shift in the nursery during the services on the 4th Sunday of each month. Travis is getting older, and will soon be leaving the children's program and joining the youth.

I am actively trying to lose weight and be more healthy. I joined a weight loss support group last November, and have lost nearly 30 pounds since. (That doesn't count the 20 pounds I lost after having the baby and before joining the group). I lost the first 15 in the first 4 months, and the last 15 in the last 2 1/2 months. There were a couple months where I kind of hit a plateau, but I wasn't really working the program, now I wish I had. My doctor should be pleased when I see her this fall. She wanted me to try to lose 30 this year as a start. I am hoping to lose another 20 before I go to see her.

I aim to do 45 minutes of aerobic activity, 5 days each week. I really have a lot of fun doing Turbo Jam, and I also enjoy Belly Dance for Fitness. Aside from the the aerobic activity, the boys and I try to walk at least a mile together every day, pushing the stroller as we go, the boys like to take their bikes along. We've gone to Horseshoe Lake a few times to go swimming this last week. That has been fun.

I recently started making some Barbie furniture for a very special young lady. I have always wanted to make some, ever since I was a little girl and my grandparent's made me Barbie furniture. Of course, I didn't have the resources or the know-how back then. I have sons, so I haven't had an excuse to make it. Now I get to finally see what I am capable of, and live out my dream of making it. LOL! I hope Bella likes it.

Well, that ought to serve as a good introduction to this blog. I don't know if I'll get back to it tomorrow, or if it will have to wait until after the weekend. We are leaving to go camping with the Scouts on Friday. Good Night all!

3 comments:

Rainbow said...

YaH!! I'm so glad you joined. This will be an easy way to keep a day to day touch base on whats going on in our lives. I'm just going to add you to my page so your just a button away. love Rainbow

Renlim73 said...

I love this. I hope I can be as inspirational as you are.
Does Rainbow have one too?
Talk to you soon!

Maureen said...

Thanks for letting me in Lori, love seeing the pics of your family. Your baby is darling.

Maureen (Rainbow,s aunt)