Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

It was a good day, and virtually stress free! I got up, got the turkey in the oven, and got my workout done. Tyler was sweet enough to wake up in time to babysit while I did my workout and took my shower.

Jeff was up and dressed before Scott & Amanda arrived. Amanda ran around with Tommy while I got dinner made. My grandpa stopped by for about an hour, before taking dinner w/him to share at home with a friend. My mom and Daymon showed up just in time for dinner.

I made most of dinner, but Amanda brought green bean casserole, and Tyler made the biscuits. That was probably the most time-consuming part of dinner. We made butter from cream (everybody had a hand in that, it's so time consuming) and then we used the left-over buttermilk in the biscuits. It was fun to have Tyler's fresh, hot biscuits smothered with our homemade butter!

It was a fairly simple meal: turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, candied yams, green bean casserole, mixed veggies, and pumpkin pie.

It was all ready to eat just as the game was starting. So I announced that I was going to sit down and watch the game and let somebody else dish up and serve me. I then poured myself a glass of wine that my grandpa brought over, and tried to stay out of the kitchen. Well, I mostly stayed out of the kitchen. Mom brought me my plate, thanks, Mom!

We watched Dallas trounce Seattle, then spent a few hours playing Rock Band. I think everybody had a good time. We all took turns, and I ended up playing every role at one time or another. It was fun. I told Melissa that everybody except Mom and Tommy played, but Tyler reminded me that Tommy had sat on his Daddy's lap and played the drums. Hmmm, I guess only Mom didn't play.

Mom did help clean up the kitchen. It's nice that I don't have to worry about that. The dishwasher is running for the 2nd time, and I know the boys will empty it in the morning.

Jeff doesn't go back to work until Monday. That's a first for us. He usually has to work the day after Thanksgiving, and the Saturday after to make up for the holiday. Instead, he gets to go hunting with Scott in the morning. Good luck, guys!

Well, that's all for now. We'll probably see Melissa and Geoff sometime tomorrow. If not, we'll get together Saturday. I want to go to JoAnn's to buy a pattern for a potential Christmas present....can't say more here, the kids read my blog sometimes.

Good Night!

1 comment:

Rainbow said...

It sounds like you guys had a very nice Turkey Day!! Love...Later............Rainbow