Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Time to Breathe

I have nothing scheduled for the next few days, provided Jeff goes on the field trip with Travis on Saturday. The next place I am "expected" to show up is church on Sunday morning. What a glorious feeling!

I told my boys that they cannot go spend the night anywhere, nor can they have friends spend the night at our place, until I can park in the garage again. I am hoping that will give them some incentive to either help me in the garage or help me by watching Tommy.

The Veteran's Home visit today went well. We sang the songs, passed out the cards, said our thank yous, and shook some hands. Most people there seemed pleased to have us come, many people said they used to be scouts or den leaders.

I had Travis wear his uniform too, and he didn't even question it...until another Boy Scout showed up not wearing his uniform. The other boy argued that it wasn't a Boy Scout outing, it was a Cub Scout outing. However, a third Boy Scout showed up in uniform, and the general consensus was that it was a BSA outing, so any member of the BSA should have been in uniform. Who says boys don't have their share of drama?

We had to go straight to the church from there, so I got a few comments about being in uniform. Most of the comments were positive, so that's a good thing. Travis had thought ahead, and was wearing his church T-shirt under his uniform, so he left his uniform shirt in the van.

I am once again up an hour past my bedtime, and am supposed to be meeting someone to work out at 7:00 a.m. Before I sign off, I will answer the clothing question. Because everything I tried to order was out of stock until just before the day of the dinner, I had to wear something I already own. I ended up wearing the pink shirt that I wore to Tommy's birthday, over a black sleeveless turtleneck and black slacks. The overall effect reminded me of I Love Lucy maternity wear. Maybe I'll still be able to order an outfit or too, now that they're back in stock. Que Sera Sera.

Good Night.

1 comment:

Rainbow said...

I love hearing about the day to day action because I can relate on so many levels. LOL..........Later..........Rainbow