Monday, November 3, 2008

Scouting Monday

I made it through another Monday. I am officially a drop-off parent for Travis when it comes to Scouting. I haven't even talked to his leader recently. Travis is getting better about relaying information. Tonight he gave me the details on their REI outing scheduled for the 15th, yay Travis!

However, over at the Cub Scout side of things I have too much to do. I thought getting there 1/2 hour early would give me time to set up my room and do some paperwork. Not a chance! We are going to have to put a limit on just how early the drop-off parents drop off their kids. 20 minutes before our official start time we had 15 boys running around, and being the only adult in uniform I got elected to round them up and entertain them. So much for getting my room set up. That made getting through our den meeting challenging.

We stayed busy from beginning to end, and we were late getting back to closing. Oops! Oh well. This month we are working on a service project as a pack and we are working on earning a belt loop as a den. Our pack will be visiting the veteran's home on Wednesday the 12th. We're taking cards that the boys are making, and they will be singing 4 songs.

While I'm thinking about it--Geoff, do you read my blog????? I want to work with my den to earn the Language and Culture belt loop next month. I would love to have a guest speaker come in to answer a few questions about living in a different country, and also to help them complete a requirement in their Bear books: talk to somebody who was a Cub Scout a long time ago about what Scouting was like (uniform, activities, etc...)

1. Talk with someone who grew up in a different country than you did. Find out what it was like and how it is different from your experience.
2. Learn 10 words that are in a different language than your own.
3. Play two games that originated in another country or culture.


Any ideas of games from another country or culture?

Well, I had better be headed for bed. Tomorrow is another busy day.

Thanks, Mom, for babysitting. See you Thursday!

4 comments:

Rainbow said...

busy, Busy, nice talking to ya yesterday............Love..............Later...Rainbow

Renlim73 said...

How about cricket? That is a game from a different country. I am gonna try and call you on my lunch break.
Talk to you soon!

Lori said...

So, are you going to come teach my den to play cricket?

Renlim73 said...

Geoff is trying to get an Aussie Rules football to bring over. It's a little different than the American version. I think that would be easier.
How many are in your den?