Friday, November 7, 2008

Where Does The Time Go?

Time is just zipping by, it's crazy! On Sunday, Tyler will be 9 years old! 9! Can you believe it?

Alissa, Vian, and Stephanie came over this morning to stuff goodie bags for the party. Have I mentioned we're having a 3-person birthday party at the Go Kart place on Sunday? Well, anyway, we went shopping for party favors, plates, etc… last month and split the cost. Now we're splitting up duties. Vian will be bringing pizza. Alissa will be bringing cakes to the church and balloons to the party. I will be bringing cupcakes to the party. Then we are each paying for our guests, which breaks down to 5-6 kids each. It's a good way to get the party rate, which we couldn't have gotten separately.

Tyler doesn't know this yet, but my grandpa bought him the bow he's been wanting so desperately; the bow that he tried to sell $1100 worth of popcorn to earn…but only sold over $600. He'll be thrilled. I'm thinking about getting him the Veggie Tales Pirates movie…he said he liked that. I haven't decided yet, and still need to talk to Jeff about it.

I have 5 dozen cupcakes to bake tonight, and to decorate tomorrow morning. Fortunately, decorating will be simple, a swirl of frosting, some sprinkles, and a cherry sour. Tyler was going to help me with that part, but he's gone off to spend the night at his friend's house. His twitch returned as soon as the plans were finalized. Odd. It made an appearance when they went to hockey night a couple weeks back too. My friend is starting to feel like it's her or her family that causes it, but I don't think it's personal. I think it's being with people other than us. It just happens that they are the only other family he spends much time with without me. I remember the twitch during children's church, so I think it's unknown or new circumstances.

Tomorrow evening is Jeff's yearly company dinner thing…We have to leave for that before 4 and won't be home until after 11.

Well, I guess I should stop messing around and get to those cupcakes. I hope all is going well with everybody.

Until next time….

1 comment:

Rainbow said...

Have fun this evening it's not often you get some alone time with your hubby. Tell Tyler Happy birthday from Auntie Rainbow. you have a busy couple of days so enjoy them talk to you after the party or Monday... Love...........Later......RAinbow