Monday, November 10, 2008

Is it Monday again?

Nothing new in this: I am worn out!

Saturday got away from me. I had intended to go shopping first thing in the morning, but Tommy was being fussy and Jeff was sleeping, then it was almost time for Tyler to get home. When Des dropped Tyler off, she stayed to visit for awhile, and the next thing I knew it was 1:30 in the afternoon!

I hurriedly frosted the cupcakes, and then went through several different outfits, before settling on the least worst one. All my nice clothes are too big for me! Jeff did not look approving when I voted for just wearing my jeans and a sweatshirt.

We left by 3:30 (I think) to catch the chartered bus with Jeff's Tacoma co-workers. I bought Tyler a pocketknife with his name on it in the gift shop. The dinner was nice, but we did hit some rolling waves a few times. It may have been ferry wake. We played some blackjack with the script (fake money) they gave us, and bought the maximum allowed raffle tickets with our winnings. Surprise! I won a new digital camera with about a million different features that I need to play with and figure out. Then we all caught the bus back to Tacoma and came home.

We still didn't have Tyler's birthday present, so we had to find a place open in the middle of the night where we could get a gift for a 9 year old boy. Jeff insisted we needed to get a spark plug for Tyler's dirt bike (it was Tyler's 2nd favorite gift). We also got that Veggie Tales movie, and stopped to by cherry sours for the cupcakes.

I think we were ready to fall into bed by 3:30, only to have to get back up at 8:00 to get ready for Sunday. Breakfast and coffee had to be made, the gifts wrapped, and the party favors, balloons, and cupcakes had to go out to the van. Jeff got to sleep until 9:20, lucky him. I was grumpy!!!! But, we all made it out the door in time for church.

Tyler was very happy to be singled out with his buddy, Joshua, and sung to by the entire congregation. Then there was cake during the coffee time after services. In the parking lot, Tyler opened his present from Grandpa. He was so thrilled!!!

Then we went to Kart Trax for 6 hours. Yes, 6 hours. But all the kids seemed to have a really good time. I do have pictures to post at a later date.

Within 5 minutes of arriving at home Scott, Amanda, and Josh turned up. Scott & Jeff helped Tyler get his bow set up and went over some serious weapons rules with him. Thank you, men, for reinforcing all that. Amanda helped me out and gave Tommy his bath. By the time they left, I was ready to collapse.

Today Tyler went shopping with my mom to spend all his birthday money. He came home with a toy gun (no surprise) and a really cool target for shooting at with his bow. This meant we had to go shoot his bow.

Scouts tonight, responsibilities to both groups...got through it though. Deep breath. Grocery shopping tomorrow and maybe talking to my friends. Oh, and school, of course. We're still working on citizenship. Today the boys made some nice cards to hand out to the veterans on Wednesday. Travis is really starting to get into some of this stuff.

We have a science project to finish also, so I can do away with our moldy pumpkins. Yuck!

I'll post pics when I get a chance. It looks like Wednesday might be my last busy day this week, if Jeff will go on the field trip Saturday. Fingers crossed.

Good night all!

2 comments:

Renlim73 said...

Hiya- So glad to hear it all went well. So what did you end up wearing? Glad you had a good time. And Yeah on the new camera.
I will call tomorrow. Hope you are available this time. . .lol. Had a good conversation with Travis earlier this week though. And happy birthday to your little man!
~Melissa

Rainbow said...

Wow you did have a BUSY weekend I bet you were ready to collapse I was tired just reading your blog. But I'm proud of you. You did well and you did get it ALL acomplished. I want to know to what did you wear, you better not have worn jeans and a t-shirt!!!! Love.......Later............Rainbow