Sunday, February 8, 2009

Another Long Weekend

I agree Rainbow, it was a long week, and another week is coming up. I am tired!

Yep! It was my birthday on Friday, and yep! I became 36. I just thought that shirt was perfect for that day. My boys made me cards, and couldn't wait to give them to me. Then Tyler sang me two birthday songs he wrote. Jeff brought me flowers, a card, and an ice cream cake. He also did the dishes this weekend. That was cool.

Tommy has a cold, so he had to skip church today. Jeff stayed home with him. We went in early so Tyler could go to Sunday School. This quarter they are having science-themed classes, lots of fun!

I was expecting my s-i-l Linda to come over about 1:00, but when I got home Scott & Amanda were here, and my m-i-l showed up about 1:15. Linda got here before 2:00, with her 22-month old grandson, Kegan. Wow! That was just about all my in-laws. We had fun watching the little boys play together.

Yesterday we went and picked up the car we're buying from Melissa's family. Yes, Geoff, we are in possession of your nightmare car. Transportation is a necessary thing, especially when you have to run kids all over the place. Most of you know this already. My grandfather wasn't impressed that we down-graded our vehicle, but when I told him what our monthly payment had been, he understood it.

I really haven't had much down time. It seems like even my down time is filled with paperwork or organizing something....I seriously need to consider a break. There's a ladies retreat coming up next month, and I'm thinking about going. It just might do me some good.

Rainbow, I hope your dinner turned out okay. If not, please don't hold it against me. I'm glad Manny made it home safely, and can give you a break from the kids.

Melissa, I certainly hope you are holding up okay with that unbearable heat and the smoke filled air. It's been all over the news here, it looks terrible! Scott was asking what part of Australia you're in, and I told him and that you said it was 115 on top of everything else. Not 10 minutes later it came on the TV, showing the fires and talking about the incredible heat wave and strong winds. They were saying that they think some of the fires were set intentionally. How frightening!

Tomorrow I have to prep for Scouts, we're working on American Tall Tales over in Cubs. Fun, fun, fun! Travis's Boy Scout Troop is going on a field trip to a County Board of Commisioners' Meeting. I've never been to one of those, shows how civic-minded I am.

Good Night for now!

2 comments:

Kim said...

A ladies retreat sounds fun, I'd go for it if I were you! Take some time for yourself this week, even if it's only for a few minutes at a time.

Rainbow said...

of course go to the ladies retreat you will have so much fun!! Loved the red potatoes by the way..