Monday, February 16, 2009

Did You Miss Me?

It has been a busier than usual week. My internet connection seems to be slower than usual, too; either that, or I have been more impatient than usual. I have thought about blogging, but haven't had time. I started keeping a list of things I thought might be interesting to blog about….so, let's check the list.

#1. I bought my Travis a new shirt for Valentine's Day. Actually, I bought Travis and Jeff both new shirts, and I bought Tyler pants. The thing that got to me was that I bought Travis's shirt and Jeff's shirt off the same rack….when did I start shopping for my baby boy in the men's department? Apparently, just this past week.

#2. Thursday Jeff came home from work and told me that there had been a bunch of lay-offs at work. The way the economy is, the company just can't keep up. Well, with Jeff not working his normal shift for the last couple months, they realized that his position really isn't necessary. Jeff's been doing busy work in the office….they also decided to eliminate a couple of office positions in Bremerton. However, Jeff was really high in demand in Tacoma a few months back…..so that's where he has been transferred to. One of the office staff has been transferred over there also. As soon as he can get back behind the wheel of a fuel truck Jeff will be the senior night driver in Tacoma. Thank God he still has a job!

#3. Poor Tyler….he must be going through an awkward stage. In the last month he has dropped and broken 3 dinner plates (I may need to buy new dishes soon). Well, on Thursday he was being totally sweet, and making his momma a pot of coffee. Unfortunately, he dropped the carafe and it shattered. I now have a new coffee pot, one that I can program to brew coffee in the mornings. Tyler felt so guilty, I felt so bad for him.

#4. New curriculum….oh yes….I found a curriculum I might try next year. It's a bit expensive, but it's all inclusive. It covers all the subjects, comes with all the science supplies, math manipulatives, reading books, everything. It also comes with the lesson plans already written out. It would save me a bunch of time.

#5. I recently had one of those "whoa-" moments, when I realized that I am the same age my grandmother was when my parent's got married in the same church I attend weekly. Well, Sunday I met the man who was the youth minister at the church when my mom was a teenager. It was fun to watch him have a "whoa-" moment, as he made a comment about meeting Norma's great-grandchildren. Oh yeah, mom, I told him I would tell you hello and that I met him.

#6. New week, new start, renewed attitude. Time to start logging my food and get back into an exercise routine. I miss it, and I need the energy.

#7. Valentine's décor…the table looked pretty. I have three mirror hearts that I set out, some cute cloth Valentine's napkins, gold heart candle holders with white candles, and red plastic heart wine glasses. The napkins are white, with candy hearts printed on them. The overall effect was very pretty.

#8. Buried in stuff, I am completely buried in stuff and am trying to dig my way out. Does anybody else have that problem? I know how to deal with the problem, but don't seem to have enough time to box all this stuff up and take it to Goodwill, and it seems like there is always somebody here when Jeff could be helping me….oh well. It will go away…..over time…..I pray.

#9. I took some time out to rock. Josh came over to spend the night on Friday, but I was very upfront with everybody that I wanted to play Rock Band for awhile, and so I did. Jeff worked on Saturday, the baby was napping, so I played drums while Josh played guitar. It was a nice break, a stress reliever too.

#10. I bought red seed potatoes. I may not be able to grow much here because of yucky soil or whatever, but I don't have to plant the potatoes in the ground. We use them all the time, and I am excited to see how this turns out. I have now talked to one person who grew her potatoes in garbage bags, and one who grew his in a garbage can. I have heard rave reviews, and am excited to try it.

That's it for my list. Travis turns twelve on the twentieth! Tuesday is open this week, Wednesday is WOW!, Thursday is Bible study, Friday is the 20th, Saturday Travis has a Boy Scout event, Sunday is Sunday, Monday is Blue and Gold Banquet for Cubs, Tuesday is a down day, Wednesday is WOW!, and Thursday is the Court of Honor for Boy Scouts. February is a busy month for me.

Tyler is really enjoying the Sunday School class, they are doing Science Devotions, so they are learning scientific principles, and learning Bible truths at the same time….fun!!!

That should be enough to hold you all over for a week or so. I hope you are all having wonderful, productive lives. I owe my dad an e-mail, so will try to do that tomorrow along with gathering supplies for upcoming Scouting events.

Happy Birthday Rainbow!

Wish we could celebrate together. Don't worry, be happy! I'm keeping Cara in my prayers….that woman is a walking miracle.

Good Night All!

1 comment:

Rainbow said...

Thank-you for the Birthday wishes. I'm glad you kept notes with your crazy schedules. Talk to ya soon