Tuesday, February 10, 2009

More Snow

I did not want to get out of bed when I woke up this morning. The house was quiet, and all the kids were still asleep. It was cold outside the covers. I told Jeff it was too cold to get up, but he did anyway. A few minutes later he came back in the bedroom and pulled up the curtains...."that's why it feels so cold," he said....my backyard was all white and it was still snowing. In fact, it snowed pretty much all day today.


They boys all have colds. Tyler was very unhappy with me not letting him go out to play today, but he did understand, begrudgingly. I smothered their feet with Vick's before putting them to bed, hoping it will help them sleep.

I was talking about that method with some ladies at Scouts last night, and finally got a reasonable answer as to why it works so well. The nurse in the bunch reminded all us home schoolers of how the circulatory system works, and that blood from the feet goes straight back to the heart and lungs before hitting the liver. Therefore, anything that is introduced to your body through your feet will not be filtered out before it hits major organs....interesting, and something to keep in mind if you ever happen to step on something.

I talked to Melissa earlier, and so far they are safe, along with friends and family. The fires are burning about an hour (south, I think) of where they are. It is such a tragedy.

I took some snow pictures, but am too tired to wait for them to upload. Maybe tomorrow. Rainbow, you didn't call me back. I hope Jurnee's meeting went well.

Good Night!

3 comments:

Renlim73 said...

Snow wonderful snow. . .
I love the whole vicks thing. That is so cool.
The fires are about an hour north-ish from us. I will try to link a website re: the fires to my blog.
Hope you are well, and love chatting with you. Take care!

Rainbow said...

More snow,its like your in Idaho.. Its snowing here to, but the big pretty snow flakes. I'll call ya later today.

Lori said...

Ahhh...you must have said you were an hour south, and my brain just registered "hour" and "south".