Sunday, February 1, 2009

Good Game

Well, if my chosen team had to lose, at least it was a fun game to watch. I've seen some Super Bowls that were really boring, that wasn't the case today.


This morning I learned that if you want to draw a lot of attention to yourself at church, all you have to do is drastically change your hairstyle. I can't believe the reactions I got, and the amount of people who said they didn't even recognize me! Most people looked very surprised when they saw me. I had people that I don't normally get a chance to talk to seek me out to comment on my hair. They all had nice things to say, and some suggested I should make it spiky.

It was definitely different not having Ken give the sermon. I can't say if it was good or bad, just different. The nursery went well. I showed the newbies how to work the heaters, where all the supplies are kept, what the snacks are, and how to sign the kids in and out. Afterwards I asked how it went, they had no problems.

Somebody left a file of old nursery policies in my box. I read through it and realized that we are not following all of the policies. That's okay though, for now. Most of the rules and policies haven't been followed for the past few years. It's time to rewrite them to fit the changing church. I'm still not even sure who I'm supposed to report to, or when. With all the changes, I was just told I was hired. I'm doing my best, and I figure God is in control so it will all work out just fine.

There are some neat things on sale at christianbook.com right now. Also, I have changed my opinion about the HOP workbooks for the lower grades. I got to look through some close up, and they are kind of neat. They are at least as good as other workbooks on the market, and they use characters that are in the regular HOP program. That could be beneficial, and I am seriously considering them for Tommy.

I am determined to get back on a schedule this week. The boys went to bed at their (used-to-be) normal bedtime. I am going to try to do the same. That being said, I need to stop typing.

Good Night!

PS.....Rainbow, I posted the picture of the new hairstyle. You need to keep up your end of the deal and BLOG! Melissa, I am looking forward to seeing you back in blogger land as soon as you get settled. Love Ya!

1 comment:

Kim said...

It really was an exciting game! My oldest son, Davis, was the only one rooting for Steelers too. He thought it was all over for awhile there.