Monday, February 2, 2009

Is it 10:00 already?

I don't know where this day went to. I was up by 7:00, got my workout and shower in, had breakfast, morning chores....where did the day go?

Travis was very enthusiastic about getting his Boy Scout homework done. I was pleased to see that. The very idea of going to the Scout meeting without his assignment was unacceptable to him. Just when you think you have instilled no work ethic, they do something to surprise you.

We had to go out to get some prizes for the boys in my den. At the last den meeting we played Bingo, and I told them I'd bring prizes. We just went to the Dollar Tree, where I could pick up some bouncy balls and Frisbees 3/$1.00. We also got tonight's snack there, to keep the cost down.

At the store, we ran into my friends mom. The grandmother of the boy who spent the night on Saturday. She's a little chatty, but we hadn't seen each other in almost a year so it was nice to catch up. Funny, we hadn't seen the rest of her family since last August either, but saw them all this weekend.
When we left the Dollar Tree, I gave Travis the option of taking a driving tour of downtown, or just going home and having dinner. He opted for the driving tour...his homework was to mark on a map our local government buildings, places of interest, etc... He had the map with him, and driving around while looking at the map helped him to put things in perspective. It's all stuff he's seen a hundred times before, but today it was just a little bit different. I can appreciate when he's motivated to learn.
We were surprised to find Jeff at home when we made it back from the store. I made dinner right away, while the boys finished up their homework. Then I prepped for tonight's den meeting. It wasn't all fun and games like the boys had grown accustomed to. Tonight I wanted them to think a little. I got to start by awarding beads and announcing rank advancements for a couple boys. Yay! Then we had 2 boys do a show-and-tell. We read some folk tales, and looked up their locations on the U.S. map so I could mark some stuff off on their books. They were excited about getting their prizes and awards, but not so much about the map work. Oh well, 3rd grade boys...

I am getting used to the hair. I was a little nervous about going to Scouts tonight, after the reactions at church, but it was much milder today. The one question I don't fully understand, but I have been asked several times, is why I did it. I don't know why....mid-life crisis? Wanting a change? Why do people get their hair cut?

Travis and Tyler don't like it. Tyler said he likes the old momma better. I understand what he means.

Okay, I have to go to bed so I can get up in the morning. Glad to see Rainbow made it back to blogger. Good Night!

2 comments:

Kim said...

You are a busy mama! I dont know why people make those strange comments either about haircuts. You never know if that is a compliment or are they saying they dont like it? Mid life crisis...I like that one too, you might get a few reactions if you say that in answer to why....lol

Rainbow said...

Such a cute family picture. get a frame for that one. I do love your hair cut, but you already know that. When are you going to slow down?? I think you told me to ask you that when you got really busy. love........Later...........rainbow