Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Better Late Than Never

I keep trying to upload pictures, but my connection must be too slow, it just isn't working. I wanted to post the snow pics from last week, and one of my serious-looking Boy Scout who's turning 12 this week.

The weather has actually been beautiful here the past few days. We have been able to walk our mile without bundling up in gloves and scarves. I still have the stroller cover on, as the wind can get mighty cold in a baby's face.

Tuesday, after my workout but before our walk, the doorbell rang. There were two ladies from my old TOPS meeting, bearing gifts, at my front door. They came over after the weekly meeting, to deliver the certificate declaring me the TOP loser in the chapter for 2008, and the gift baskets that everybody pitched in for. They brought fruit, my favorite yogurt, popcorn and ramen for the boys...and sweet cards. It made me cry. Tyler wanted to know why I was sad, and I had to explain that not all tears are sad tears. They are such nice ladies. I need to make them up a thank you card/letter.

Tomorrow I need to do my Bible study, and shop for cupcake supplies. We are making the monster cupcakes again, they were such a hit over Halloween. I had planned to order "Monster Bash" partyware, featuring monsters playing in a rock band, but decided not to spend the money at the last minute. We're not having a super-structured party anyway. It'll just be eat pizza and snacks, play Rock Band, decorate a cupcake, run around playing war like boys are wont to do, have fun and go home.

Mom, I hope you can pick up some pizzas for me on Friday. It would sure save me some time. Jeff should get home from work just about in time for the craziness. After talking to one of the guests tonight, I realized that at least some of them would enjoy creating the monster cupcakes. I'll make some up ahead of time, but will have a decorating station set up in the kitchen. It seems like that's becoming a regular feature at Travis's parties, not so much at Tyler's.

Saturday, Travis will be at a Boy Scout day camp until early afternoon. Jeff will be at work. I will be hosting a Cub Scout den meeting at my house, for the first time ever. We're going to finish the placemats for the Blue and Gold banquet.

After church on Sunday, we are going out to Jeff's nephews house for a family dinner. I had forgotten we planned that when we went out for my mother-in-law's birthday. It'll be the whole gang again.

Monday is the Blue & Gold Banquet. We're supposed to bring a dessert that starts with the letter "L". Tyler and Travis voted for lemon cheesecake bars. Okay, easy enough.

Tuesday I need to finalize everything for the Court of Honor, and do the shopping for it.

Wednesday we have church activities.

Thursday is the Court of Honor. I'm supposed to bring a dessert to that also. Hmmmmmm....more lemon cheesecake bars?

Friday/Saturday I promised Tyler he could have a sleepover. That shouldn't be too much work on my part. Maybe I can blog then. If you don't hear from me for awhile, you'll know why.

Good Night! Enjoy your families!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Another fun filled week! Sounds like we both have birthday parties on Friday. Congrats on the TOPS award, what an achievment! I hope to be joining your ranks soon. Take care.

Kim said...

Happy Birthday to Travis as well! Yes Davis is also on the 20th. How old is he? We weren't at Harrison on the same day were we? Davis will be 9 on Friday. There was a screaming lady in labor in the room next to me and another woman practically delivered in the Labor and Delivery room elevator....ring any bells?

Rainbow said...

Sounds like another busy busy week. But you are a super mon and can handle it. Congrats on the TOPS winner, you should be really proud of yourself. Hard to believe Travis will be 12 years old, I remember when he was 12 minutes old lol!