Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Good Day

Wow! What a blessed day! The kids did their school work without much trouble, dinner was easy, and I got a break. Yep, I got a break. My friend Desiree called me this afternoon. It started typical: Hello? Hello. Hi. How are you? I'm fine how are you?...but then it changed. You don't sound fine. I'm coming over. In fact, I'm coming over and taking care of your three kids for a couple hours this afternoon so you can do whatever what you want to....huh?

I reminded her I had a meeting tonight and my mom was coming to watch the kids, she said that was fine and she could stay until my mom got here. I asked her why she was doing this, she said because God told her to. Really? Yes really, during bible study this morning. He told her to give Lori a break today. She even argued with him, after all she's taking the two older boys out for awhile Thursday afternoon. No, Lori needs a break today, it can't wait until Thursday. End of argument, on her part and mine. Let's face it, I needed a break.

I didn't know what to do, so I spent some time on the phone (uninterrupted by children). I spent some time playing a mindless game on my computer. I went for a mile + walk and got some fresh air. It was nice. Oh, she also brought me some macadamia & white chocolate chip cookies and the sweetest, most encouraging card. What a wonderful friend. At the end, I felt very refreshed, and the walk worked some of the kinks out of my neck and shoulders.

The meeting at church tonight went well. It was basically an informational meeting about how the new children's church program will run. Then we grown-ups sat around talking for awhile. It was nice.

Mom gave Thomas his bath tonight, and watched the boys on the trampoline for awhile. The house was still clean when I got home. Thank you, Mom, we'll see you on Thursday. The committee meeting is scheduled for 7:00, but I'll need time to stop for a mocha.

The Woman's retreat...well, Jeff was working weekends. I even had a lady drop out who offered me her place at the retreat, all expenses paid. I just couldn't make it. I was also scheduled to work the nursery that weekend, but that was the last snowy weekend (9 days ago).

Life is Good. I'm even almost on time for bed. Good Night!

2 comments:

Kim said...

glad you read you got a nice break. Sounds like you have a good support system.

Rainbow said...

That's what friends are for.