Friday, March 13, 2009

Hooray!

What a beautiful day! Rainbow, you're back! I love Jurnee's neckerchief. I've never seen two-tone like that before.

Right now, Tommy and Travis are in their beds asleep. Tyler is sleeping over at the neighbor's house. Jeff is at work. Yep! He's back on his regular shift, and....................he's in Bremerton. Jeff's boss decided he doesn't want to lose him to Tacoma, and isn't letting him go???? I'm not sure entirely how they worked that out, but I'm not complaining and neither is Jeff.

This means that Jeff's doctor gave him a clean bill of health yesterday. He said everything looks good. I'm a little concerned about Jeff going back to work only because all those old habits will come flooding back at him. I tried to tell him that, just so he'd be on guard or somewhat prepared for it, but I don't think he believed me. It's just that he hasn't driven his fuel truck since before Christmas. Well before Christmas, because we had those 2 weeks of insane snow. Back then he was still smoking, still drowning himself in caffeinated coffee, and still eating junk. He'll have to create new habits to combat the old ones. I'm praying for him.

It really was a beautiful day today. I even got out and did some yard work while Tommy worked on learning his boundaries. I'm thinking of hosting a yard work party next Sunday. I figure we'll provide burgers and dogs, potato salad, veggies...you know, feed everybody. In exchange, they can provide some labor to clean up the yard and get it ready for Easter and spring barbecues, etc.... I need to check the 10-day weather forecast.

Tyler was disappointed because his play date for today was cancelled due to illness. However, he perked up when his neighborhood buddies starting showing up. Travis went over to a friend's house for a few hours this afternoon.

Last night I went to a membership meeting at the church, so I guess I am now officially a member. I was walking out with another lady, we stopped to admire the new paint colors in the downstairs entryway. At precisely the same time, we both expressed our thoughts that we wondered what my grandma would say about the changes. That was nice, to know that I am not the only person wandering around that building who still thinks of her presence there.

Alright, I've rambled enough for tonight. I need to get some sleep myself. We're going to a little play at the church tomorrow.

Good Night!

1 comment:

Renlim73 said...

Sounds like a nice day! I hope Jeff works out his schedule, and I know you can help him with that. Maybe a thermos of caffeine free coffee. . . Glad you got out for the yardwork, and hope the yard work party comes through!
Talk to you soon!