Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Life Comes at You Fast...






Has it been a week already? Wow! Time is flying by and I can barely remember what I've been doing. I knew I had something going on every day of last week, but I actually had to look at my calendar to remember what it all was.






Last week I sent out a proposal for redecorating the church nursery. I've been asking around, and not getting much response, so last week I sent the proposal to everybody I could think of who could help, which included the church elders, the church treasurers, the Children's Ministry director, and the wife of the head elder. Guess what! I got approval! Yay! The wife was a big help too. We had an e-mail discussion going, and everytime somebody through out a road-block, she cleared the path. I am so excited.



Today I sent my budget to the treasurer for approval, and my curriculum pick to the Elder for the Christian Education committee. I need to sit down with the lady whose going to head up the painting still, so we can set a work-party date and do our planning. I'm sure that won't be happening until after Easter, probably not until May.


You can see from the picture above that it's a little blah in there. I want to paint a farm mural on the walls, with a blue sky, clouds, etc... a friend suggested a 3-D tree and brought me some pics from a church where she recently went to a seminar. I'm thinking a 3-D sun and clouds might be fun also. It'll be awhile, but I will post before and after pics when the time comes.


Let's see, what else....oh, we decided to move to Bremerton. I'm going to send notice tomorrow along with our rent check. We're moving into my grandparent's house with my grandpa. It's a win-win situation. We'll all save some $. The house is bigger than where we are now, and we'll be closer to many of our activities, including Jeff's work. Grandpa will have help with housework and household repairs, which are getting harder for him to do. It will be an adjustment for everybody, but I really feel it's where God is leading us to go.


At the Boy Scout committee meeting on Thursday, I was officially removed from office as the Advancement Chairperson, and we all cheered. I'm certain that the lady who has taken over will have more time to dedicate to the position, making sure it gets the attention the boys deserve.


Tyler and I are all signed up and paid up for Mom & Me camp. We'll be going the 25th-26th of April. I've never been, but hear it is a lot of fun.


Travis was at a camp-out this last weekend, it rained, but he mostly had fun.


True confession: I had a horrible moment on Saturday when I realized what an irresponsible parent I had been. I actually lost my child for more than an hour, and didn't even realize it. I was so tired, that I was napping on the couch while Tyler and his friends were playing out front. Tommy was sleeping, Jeff was sleeping, and Travis was gone. My friend Desiree stopped by and chatted for a few minutes, then she and her 3 kids left and Tyler walked out the door behind them, with the next-door neighbor kids. I fell back asleep for about 30 minutes, then got up and was playing with Tommy and talking to Jeff. After awhile, Tyler walked back in the house. The thing was, Desiree's son walked in with him. I was just about to ask if he'd been here the whole time, when it dawned on me that Tyler had left with them to go to the Lowe's building workshop. My son had left and I didn't even realize it! Isn't that awful? At least he had my permission to go with them, I'd told him he could several days in advance. Silly me.


On Sunday I was officially welcomed as a member of Lincoln Ave. Bible Church. I wish I'd been forewarned, as I wore jeans to church for the first time in ages....oh well. It was a typical Sunday around here. Josh is here for Spring Break, or at least until he goes to his mom's house for Spring Break. Didn't Spring Break use to coincide with Easter?


I managed to tick off my sister-in-law, again. I'm not sure we will ever manage to be good friends, just sisters-in-law. We are from 2 different worlds.


On Monday we didn't have Scouts. I wasn't feeling well though, and spent most of the day down with a headache and yucky tummy. I watched the house fall apart around me. Oh well.


Tonight my mom took the older boys (all 3) to a presentation about Puget Sound and the environment. It sounds like they all enjoyed themselves, and learned a bit. I hope it sticks in their minds, that they will remember to protect the world we live in. Tyler is very excited. He signed up to be a volunteer for the Stream Team, and wants to go on a 5-day sailing school adventure when he gets a little older.


Tomorrow Noah is going to WOW! with us, and spending the night. Thursday his older brother, Mark, is spending the night. Friday I think I will declare a family night, so I can regroup. Saturday we are going to an Easter egg hunt at the church and over to Grandpa's to walk through the house and help make some decisions. Sunday will probably be pretty normal, with brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and Josh coming over after church, then we start our normal week again. Breathe.


I'll have to make a point of scheduling packing time, won't I? Yikes! Okay, off to bed I go. Good Night.

2 comments:

Renlim73 said...

I'm proud of you, and am quite sure everything will end up the way it is supposed to! Hope you have a great rest of the week!

Kim said...

Wow, a move! That is exciting and scary all at the same time. Sounds like a good plan though for all of you. Cute ideas about the nursery painting, are you going to paint murals by yourself? Scary about your son's "missing" moment, but sounds like he knew what was going on and handled it like a big guy.