Monday, March 23, 2009

A rare picture.
Travis not hiding from the camera.

I just think he's cute.


I think he's cute too.


Getting recognition.


The Bear Den's Cars
Aren't they cool?

Putting up the Trampoline.
They look related.
People think I have 4 sons when I go out with all of them.



Painting Derby Cars

He Holds the Pen Right!!!

My Handsome Family


Our Jell-O desserts.

I just re-read last night's blog. It reads like I was telling Rainbow and Melissa to get over it and get on with life. LOL. It's a good thing they know better, I was talking about me.
The pinewood derby went well. Tyler took 3rd place for the Bear den, his buddy Noah took 2nd. We also had a pizza party, and awarded rank to the boys who had earned it, which included 2 boys in the Bear den. Go Bears!
Travis didn't go to Scouts tonight. He woke up with a headache, and was generally not well most of the day. Tyler did the same thing last Thursday, and ended up being yucky sick later in the day. We have been blessed to have missed most of the nasty flu stuff going around. I know several families who have been down for a week or more in the last month.
I spoke with the Scoutmaster tonight, who informed me that Travis is now the official Patrol Leader for his Scout Patrol. Yay Travis! That's cool, we have confidence that he will learn and grow and this will be a good thing for him. Now he has to go to leadership meetings with the other Patrol Leaders and the adult leadership. That should be a good experience for him.
I am starting to burn-out. I'm not a super mom, I'm super crazy sometimes. I haven't been taking any me time lately, and it's starting to wear on me. It might be fun to get together, but I'm actually quite socially awkward and shy...
I like cake decorating, it's a lot of fun when you can find the time. I really like to do big, fancy cakes but never have the time for that. I made Rainbow a snowy cake with penguins for her birthday 12 years ago. I remember the year, because it was 3 days before Travis was born. I've made a few wedding cakes, and once I made a cake that looked just like a giant taco. That was cool, it was for the Blue & Gold Banquet when Travis was a Tiger Scout, 5 years ago. Discovering the fun of cupcakes this last year has been a good thing.
Alright, the pictures are uploaded, finally. I can sign off and go to bed. Good night everybody!

2 comments:

Kim said...

The derby cars look cool, they did a good job on them. I know what you mean about the cake decorating and cupcakes. It is almost like an art project getting to spend the time on it. I really have fun with it too.

Renlim73 said...

I love it all!
Thanks for sharing. You are a super mom, but you need to take you time too! Whatever happened with the woman's retreat you were interested in? Hope you are well, and hope to talk to you soon!

I miss cake decorating with you. Could you send me a lemon lime cake? lol