Monday, March 23, 2009

My Feet Hurt….

….it is so nice to off them for awhile. What a whirlwind couple of days. It's been a week's worth of stuff packed into a weekend.

I don't even remember Friday, that's how crazy busy it's been. It seems to me that Friday was busy also. I know that Tyler finally had his friend sleep over. Oh, now that I type that I do remember Friday. We cleaned house, it was a busy day. We went through the closets and dressers of Travis and Tyler, pulling out stuff that no longer fit them or they don't like to wear. We also cleaned their rooms, and rearranged their furniture to make things a little easier. The whole house got vacuumed. Yep, Friday was busy.

We made yummy Jell-O desserts for Friday, and went grocery shopping for a kid-friendly dinner for our guest. We ended up with hot dogs. The boys played video games, watched a movie, and camped out in the living room. I was okay with that because I wanted Tommy to sleep well.

Saturday, poor Jeff got sucked into my schedule. He decided I have entirely too much going on in my life. First, we had a yummy breakfast of bacon, eggs, and hash browns. Then I had to go over to the Scout shop to pick up some Boy Scout stuff and decided to let Tyler and his buddy, Noah, look at the derby car stuff while we were there. That took about an hour or so. While we were doing that, Jeff stayed home to meet Noah's mom who was dropping off her other two kids for a few hours while she ran some errands. Jeff helped them with their pinewood derby cars; he cut out the shapes that the boys designed so the boys could sand, paint, etc…. That was very, very helpful of Jeff and he did a great job.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that my friend had left the makings for pbjs, pudding, and fruit to make lunch for the boy crew very easy. She had also brought over a selection of paints and brushes, which was very useful.

Just after we got home from the Scout shop, Jeff's mom popped in to visit. Cool. After we got home, Jeff's sister called and then she and her husband popped over to drop off a generator that I think Jeff is going to fix for them. As soon as Linda and Dale left (sister and brother-in-law) Jeff had to run out to take Travis to Josh's birthday party at Josh's mom's house. (Jeff had to take our oldest son, Travis, to Jeff's brother's ex-wife's house for Jeff's brother's son's birthday party.) Jeff was supposed to be back by about 3:00 to meet the Cub Scout Committee Chairperson who was coming over to pick up the pinewood derby track that we've been storing in our attic for the last year, but was delayed because he was conversing with the ex-sister-in-law and her twin, who were Jeff's childhood friends. That worked out okay; the track was picked up and should be ready to go for the pinewood derby on Monday. Did I mention Jeff's brother, Scott, called not 10 minutes after Jeff had driven away?

While Jeff was gone, I had the 5 boys playing video games, painting cars, running around in the beautiful outside weather, and harassing my mil. It was all good.

We decided that the boys needed more time to work on painting their cars and playing together. It takes time for the paint to dry between coats. So, we had a taco bar and invited our friends and their parents to join us. That was a lot of fun. The cars got painted, the boys had fun, and so did the adults. It was, all in all, a good day.

When Jeff went back to pick Travis up, he asked if I minded if Josh came back too, just in case they asked. I had no problem with it. They asked. I'm flattered that Josh chose to come over here for his birthday. He was very polite and helpful this time….he's growing up, Mr. 15 year-old.

There was drama with the sister-in-law vs. ex-sister-in-law, but I won't go into that.

Sunday, started out extremely normal. I drove into Sunday School with the older 3 boys. Jeff met us for church with Tommy. I opened up the nursery and got involved in a craft project for the Easter egg hunt. Josh and Travis played pool and flirted with the girls. Tyler went to his Science in Sunday School class.

After church, my car went to Costco and Jeff's truck came home. After Costco, I ran out to pick up BBQ supplies and Josh's birthday present, while Jeff stayed home with his mom and the kids. Tyler went out to the park and out to dinner with the next-door neighbors to celebrate his friend's birthday. Travis and Josh put up the trampoline. They really took advantage of my saying they could set it up in the spring. Scott & Amanda got here, bearing cupcakes, and we BBQed burgers. They were yummy. I made mashed potatoes and green beans to round out the meal. A few other friends dropped in, some of us played Josh's present with him (Rummikub), and around 9:00 everybody went home.

Then I checked my e-mail. Rainbow, Melissa, I have to confess that this time I did not take time to mull things over. I reacted, and whatever the consequences are, they are. I'm tired, and I don't like Tyler worrying about me because mommy's been crying lately. Whatever issues I need to work out, I need to work out. Get over it and get on with life.

Monday we have a Cub Scout Pizza Party and Pinewood Derby. Travis has a pack inspection for his Boy Scout troop; he's going on a campout next weekend. Tuesday I have a planning mtg. at the church. Wednesday we'll be at the church. Thursday I have a Boy Scout Committee mtg. Friday Travis leaves for his campout.

I signed the boys up for baseball. The coach of the church softball team got a non-committal commitment from me today. We're looking ahead to our spring/summer activities. Scout camping, church stuff, sports, hunter safety class, exploring our state…it could be fun. Life is good right now, God is great always!

Goodnight All! I do have pics to post, soon I hope.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Wheww..I can't keep up with you! And off you go to start another busy week. We also signed up for baseball and are looking forward to getting outside in the nice weather for games. Do you wanna place bets on whose kids get broken bones on the trampoline first? just joking....I hope. Have a good week!

Kim said...

Hi again-
forgot to say that the cupcake book is called "Hello Cupcake". I don't think it's Wilton's, but they reccommend allot of Wilton products. Lots fun!

Maureen said...

Lori, what a weekend you had! Makes me tired, just reading about all the things your family did. I,m home now, really enjoyed the kids in greenbay.
Maybe when Kim gets here for spring break, you could bring your boys over and re-meet her once again. She thinks your the super mom of the year!