Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Beautiful Day

We started a papier mache project today. We're making monsters, and today we shaped the faces on balloons. I am hoping they will dry enough by tomorrow to pop the balloons and paint the faces. If not, we'll be painting on Saturday. Maybe I should take pictures.

The boys have been bugging me to take them to play tennis all this week. The weather has been so nice, I don't blame them for wanting to get out. This evening I told them I would take them for a drive to see if we could find tennis courts close to where we'll be living, and if we were to find some, we could stop and play for awhile.

Three-quarters of a mile, that's how far the tennis courts are, a walkable distance. We're happy with that. We stopped, the boys played tennis for awhile while Tommy and I ran around in the grass. Then Tyler watched Tommy while Travis and I played for a few minutes. After we put the tennis equipment back in the car we walked over to the playground. Travis watched a softball team at practice, Tyler climbed, and Tommy mastered climbing up to the slides and sliding down with no help. We spent a good hour or so there, had a good time, and left when the sun started hinting at sunset. We decided that will be a regular walking destination for us.

Rainbow, if you really do make it out here in May/June....we'll definitely have to take the kids there. Pack a lunch and let the kids play.

Next, Travis wanted me to see how far the church is. I keep telling him we'll be close, but not close enough to walk on a regular basis. Hmmm...just over a mile. We walk that on a regular basis. I wouldn't want to walk it on Sunday mornings, but I foresee possibly walking to and from VBS this summer, and maybe the last two or three WOW! meetings, when we'll be living over there and the sun will stay out later.

Tomorrow night we're dying Easter eggs with other families at the church, then attending the Good Friday service. Well, time to get my little monsters to bed. Good Night!

1 comment:

Rainbow said...

Paper mache that sounds like fun....I remember doing that about 20 something years ago... I'm glad your scoping out the area at your new place I think you guys will really enjoy it there.