Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hello Everybody!








3-legged race




I am pleased to see that everybody is doing well. It took me awhile to catch up, I really need to get cable Internet.



So, kids have been keeping me busy. Last week we did spring break. Tyler had a buddy go with us to WOW! and spend the night and Wednesday. On Thursday Tyler went to his friend's house, and Travis had a friend spend the night. On Friday I declared Family time until the week after Easter...no more sleepovers or play dates. Travis, Tyler, and I fell asleep watching Harry Potter.



On Saturday we went to the egg hunt at the church, and met up with some friends there. Everybody had a good time. Tyler won one of the guessing jars...the one with jellybeans in it. That is typical for Tyler, he has won something at every event we've gone to with the church for the last several years, usually a guessing jar.



A lady at the egg hunt made a remark to one of the boys who was sprawled out on the grass...she said he could've made a snow angel 3-days before that. Too true. I was shocked to discover that I had managed to get sunburned that day.



I got the boys and I signed up for a hunting safety course in Silverdale. It isn't until late July/early August. It should be interesting.



Thank you, Rainbow and Melissa, for letting me complain to you. I started to annoy myself, though. I hate whining about the same person over and over again, but she does something new and ridiculous on a regular basis.



I took advantage of the dry weather and sunshine yesterday. I ran my Scouts up and down the lawn for about 25 minutes, doing various relay races and wearing them down. Next week we'll do crafts. We'll build our instruments for Cub Scout Band and practice singing and playing our song for the Pack Meeting. After that, we will only have one den meeting left before Crossover.



The Boy Scout Assistant Scoutmaster gave me a heads up on a good sale at Big 5. The timing was good, because he asked me if Travis has a good sleeping bag and I told him I had actually thrown Travis's bag away over the weekend. Well, today Travis got a brand new Coleman mummy bag for $29.99. The original price on the box was $69.99. Yeah, that's a good deal. The one he picked is only rated down to 20 degrees. I tried to talk him into a 15 or 10 degree bag, but I think his final decision was made based on color. Who am I to complain? My bag is only rated to 40 degrees, but it sure is a pretty combination of pink and black, with a pink stuff bag.

2 comments:

Rainbow said...

The boys look so cute I can't believe how much Tyler has grown. He still looks just like mama!! And Tommy is so grown up to can't wait to see them in person. Sounds like everyone had a good time. And your keeping busy as usual. Talk soon!!

Lori said...

and your e.t.a. is.......? I need to fit you into my calendar. :-)