Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday

I have a cold. It came on slowly Monday night, hit me hard Tuesday and Thursday, and seems to be waning now. I do not like colds.

I had a woman's circle Bible study tonight. That was a nice change of pace. We actually finished our study by 7, but sat around chatting until after 8. I needed the laughter.

Upcoming events....Jeff and I are leading children's church this Sunday. That should be interesting. I'll let you know how that goes.

My weekends are all planned out for awhile...this weekend is packing (mostly the garage, maybe the China cabinet). Next weekend Tyler and I are going to Mom & Me camp at Camp Sheppard. While we're gone, Jeff and Travis should be helping grandpa get his house ready for us to invade. The weekend after that (2 weeks from now) we'll move. Yikes! Only 2 more weeks.

Then I'll spend some time cleaning this house for the owner's. We have the rent paid through the 6th. On the 6th, I'll sign the boys up for swimming.

On the 7th, Travis and I are taking a train trip to Portland. He's working on his railroading badge for Scouts. One of the requirements is to interview somebody who works for the railroad. I told him he could call Manny, talk to his former youth leader at church (he's an engineer), or wait for the trip and participate in the group interview that is already scheduled. He'll probably wait for the trip, but thinks it's cool that he has options.

We'll have about 6 hours to waste in Portland, any suggestions on where to go or how to get around? I don't know Portland at all! I have looked up some ideas, and am considering the Oregon Zoo or Oregon Museum of Science and Industry.

1 comment:

Rainbow said...

How did the weekend packing go?? I'll give ya a call tomorow. Portland sounds like fun. Manny would LOVE to answer any questions he may have.