Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Busy Couple of Days

We started school this week. It's going pretty good so far. We're just easing into it, getting back into the rhythm of things. We start with breakfast amd morning chores, move into Mad Minute
Math followed by a standard math assignment, some reading time, then move onto something more fun.

Yesterday we did a crossword puzzle, then ran off to the lake for swimming time in the 80 degree weather (thank you, Mom, for watching Tommy on the shore). Today, we did a word search puzzle and word game, both with a back to school theme. We ended things with a scavenger hunt and prizes. They had to find things to fit different categories, but they had to start with the letters that spell fall. Things like: part of the body, F--finger. State or City, L--Louisiana. I liked it for an assignment,because they had to look for answers in different resources: encyclopedias, maps, magazines, the refrigerator, wandering around the house. It was really a reminder of how to find answers. Travis finished first, and earned a $1 prize, Tyler finished second and won a bottle of bubbles. They were both happy with their prizes, and we headed out on our daily walk to the store.

Monday, yesterday, was our Cub Scout opening night event. I hadn't really intended to be "in charge", but ended up that way for most of the meeting. It was really just running games, mostly relays, which I have had plenty of practice with when I ran gym time at church. I did end up a little hoarse for awhile. The kids seemed to have a good time, and Tyler just kept going on and on about his favorite parts.

Travis was at his Boy Scout meeting during this time, and when I asked him how he went he seemed to have genuinely enjoyed his time. They are working on first aid this month, and are going on a hike this weekend.

My mom took a couple pictures of us, all in uniform. Don't laugh! Actually, I had several people comment on my scarf. They all said they like it, but they were all men dressed in the same style and color uniform shirt. Also, for the record, I was the only woman in uniform.

Tommy is sure trying to talk. I swear he said "brother" today. He says "Mama", "Dada", "Bye-Bye", "Go!", "ler" (for Tyler), "avis" (for Travis), and his favorite word, "uh-oh!" He also makes the cutest car noises I have ever heard, but I could be biased.

Okay, I will post the pics, and head off to bed. Good Night!

No comments: