Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What a Whirlwind!

Okay, this turned out to be a busy few days. Wow!

Let's see, Saturday the boys had a friend spend the night. Jeff and I played Rock Band for awhile. It was really pretty tame.

Sunday morning we went to church. After church we invited a family to come over and hang out for awhile. We ordered pizza, they brought chips and soda. After awhile my brother-in-law and sister-in-law came over. Well, we all must have had a really good time, because everybody stuck around for almost eight hours. The kids all ran around the neighborhood, the adults all played video games. It was great! Exhausting, but great.

Monday was the first day of hunting season. Jeff and Scott were out by 5:30 a.m. Amanda hung out here until they came back later in the morning. That evening we all BBQ'd burgers, and then Jeff, Scott, & Amanda went out for an evening hunt while Josh stayed here with us. We played some Rock Band, and then we went for a walk up to the store, to get some fresh air & exercise.

This morning I had my TOPS meeting, popped in to the grocery store for some apples and salad, and came home. When I got here, I blew my top over how trashed the house was and the fact that a Scout mom was coming over to help me plan our opening event. Everybody jumped to, and cleaned up, mostly.

This evening we got the plans finalized, and I don't have much to do to prep. Our biggest challenge may be finding volunteers to blow up over 100 balloons for some of the games we have planned.

Scott, Amanda, & Josh stopped in for a cup of coffee and a little small talk. Actually, they left something here and stopped by to pick it up. They left around 9, Josh has school in the morning.

It may not sound like a lot, but I sure feel like I have been busy, busy, busy. All the public schools around here start up tomorrow. We're holding off and starting next Monday. I told the boys we could throw a "not going back to school" party tomorrow.

Now it looks like I need to fold some laundry before I can climb in bed. Oh well!

Good Night!

No comments: