Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kids really do say the darndest things...

This morning I have retreated to my bedroom and my computer for a few minutes peace. Travis and Tyler have been quarreling all day. It's bad enough that I started to tell them we would just start school early, and to sit down and start math. Then I reconsidered. I told them that I don't want school to be a punishment, I want them to enjoy their education. Instead, their punishment is spending time with each other in their room. They have to work together to get it cleaned up again. I told them I don't want to see or hear them until their room is clean and they are getting along.

Yeah right!

So, I loaded Tommy into his stroller and went for a 1-1/2 mile walk. That took about 20 minutes, and nobody even noticed we had left. I burned off the rest of my frustration with 20 minutes of Turbo Jam. Then I woke Jeff, showered, and started dinner. I had just come in to my computer when Tyler came in, complaining about Travis.

"Travis says telling lies is speaking the devil's language. Is that true?" he asked, half whining. I had to try not to giggle, and not to sound too proud. "Well, that's what Pastor Ken in his sermon last Sunday. I can see that Travis was listening." was my reply.

I am amazed that Travis was actually listening enough to be able to quote the sermon. I am even more amazed that he found a way to apply it in real life.

Well, I hear Tommy calling at the door, and the vacuum running in the other room. I should go check on dinner. I'm making chicken and dumplings.

I plan to add some more pictures later this evening. Have a nice day!

1 comment:

Renlim73 said...

You should know, your posts make my day. I am glad boys are who they are. I am also glad I know you.
Yeah Travis for listening. Sorry about your friend, know that you are in my prayers.
Take care!
~Melissa