Monday, September 29, 2008

Catching Up

This morning I found myself wondering at what point I became as unreasonable as Rainbow in my time planning….no offense Rainbow. As I was telling my dear husband what I had scheduled, and what I wanted from him, I realized that he had every reason to be irritated with me. To his credit, he was wonderful and did everything I asked. I appreciate it so much that I gave him the option of skipping church tomorrow morning so he can go hunting with his brother. Naturally he jumped on that opportunity. I think hunting season is almost over for them.

Tyler will also be skipping church. He’s staying home with Amanda. I’m working in the church nursery tomorrow; Amanda doesn’t feel comfortable going to the service alone; Tyler doesn’t like being in services without at least one of his parents; and I don’t think I should have my entire family in the nursery with me. Travis has no problem sitting through the sermon without us, so he will represent the Bell family. Good for him.

We didn’t get much schooling done this week, it’s not worth fighting with the kids to do their paperwork while they are coughing, sneezing, and sleeping. However, Friday was a day I’ve been waiting years for. The kids were feeling well enough to pick at each other and argue constantly, so I suggested we do school. Immediately, Travis asked if we could do crafts instead. What???? We went through some ideas, and Travis settled on a crossword puzzle and simple fall decoration, Tyler started on an autumn mobile. I was shocked and impressed to see my boys willingly and happily working on their projects. Wow!

Quick overview of what we’ve been doing:

Monday: Scout night. We had a den meeting this week at Cub Scouts. Travis wasn’t feeling well, so he didn’t go to his patrol meeting. My mom stayed with the baby and Travis.

Tuesday: I was supposed to go to a parent’s meeting for the church youth group, didn’t make it. Kids were under the weather.

Wednesday: I was supposed to go to the kick-off for our Wednesday night kids program at church. I am supposed to be the registrar, but the kids still weren’t doing well, so I didn’t make it. Travis had put himself to bed at 3:00 in the afternoon, and Tyler fell asleep on the couch. I couldn’t see waking my 3 boys and dragging them out not feeling well.

Thursday: I got my mom to sit with the kids so I could attend a committee meeting for the Boy Scout Troop. I’m glad I went. It was important, and I learned a few things. One of the things I learned is that Travis has earned a new rank. I really should know this; I’m supposed to be the advancement chair person. One of my duties is supposed to be planning the Court of Honor, which we are having next month. I’m so glad somebody else is taking care of it right now. This is our first year, we will iron out the wrinkles.

Friday: Popcorn Sales started. I dropped Tommy off to my mom; then Travis, Tyler, and I went and stood outside of Albertson’s for 2 hours selling popcorn. We didn’t sell much.

Saturday: Took Tyler to Lowe’s to build a fire truck. We then priced the supplies for building a Cub mobile. Came home and asked Jeff to take Tyler back to buy the supplies. I cooked brunch for the family, then ushered Jeff and Tyler out the door. I only ironed the Scout uniforms and took care of Tommy for most of the day. Jeff took Tyler to buy his hardware and lumber, and then fixed my mom’s brake lights. At 4:30 he took Travis and Tyler down to Albertson’s for their shift selling popcorn. They did much better than we did yesterday. They came home at about 8. Then Kimberly came over to count the money and inventory the popcorn for tomorrow. After she left, I started dinner. I have 3 extra kids that we’re watching while their parents are out for the evening; which is why I had Jeff do popcorn today instead of me, I knew I would be getting the extra kids.

Sunday: Church in the morning, popcorn sales at Fred Meyer from 1:30-3:30, dinner and Luau at church from 5-7:00. It was totally exhausting. Amanda went with me to the Luau thing at church. She was a big help keeping an eye on Tommy.

Tonight: Pack meeting for Cub Scouts. Working on Barbie furniture.

More pictures coming soon.

No comments: