Thursday, September 4, 2008

The day got better...

The boys did get their room cleaned, and vacuumed. We had a day with no video games, just because nobody seemed interested. We did go on our mile walk this evening, after Baby Boy's nap. We read several stories together, and then.....all 3 boys went to bed at the same time! For the 3rd night in a row! It's an amazing thought, but we may actually be establishing a schedule that allows me an hour of alone time before I have to go to bed. Wow!

Tommy is growing into the somewhat annoying stage....unfolding all the folded laundry and throwing it on the floor. Slapping and nipping to see what reaction he gets. Dumping out all of his toys in the living room, over and over and over again. I know he is learning every day, and hope some of this passes soon.

Travis may have a visit from the police in the next few days. A boy down the road took a girl's cell phone w/o permission. When he gave it back to her, the battery was missing. The boy claims he gave Travis the cell phone for a minute and that Travis and Travis's guest did something behind their backs before they gave the phone back to the 1st boy. I asked Travis, I searched Travis, I asked Travis's guest....I believe he never touched the phone. The girl believes Travis never touched the phone, the girl's mother believes Travis never touched the phone. However, the other boy keeps insisting Travis had the phone. So, the mother came down to forewarn us that she may (or may not) report this incident to the police, and because the other boy is blaming Travis the police may want to question him. I think the situation is unfortunate, and understand the batteries aren't cheap, but think calling the police over this is a little bit of overkill. However, kids do need to learn about consequences.

Tyler seems to be going through something. He was very upset last night about missing grandma. Today he crawled up in my lap and fell asleep right after I put Tommy down for his nap. I joked with Travis, asking if he was planning to fall asleep in my lap too. I think Ty is feeling insecure, and I'm not sure how to help him through it other than just being here for him.

There's always something. I better get those pictures uploaded, so I can tidy up and go to bed.

No comments: