Saturday, January 31, 2009

Crazy Day


Melissa called me this afternoon to let me know they made it home safely. Amazingly, it feels like a week has passed since I dropped them off at the airport...yesterday.
There were kids everywhere today. Tyler's 2 friends spent the night last night and were here most of the day, the neighbor's 2 grandsons came over to play, 2 boys from down the road came over, another boy from around the corner came over, and then Travis had a friend come over to spend the night tonight. That's what?...10 boys running around my front yard and in and out of the house, not counting Tommy. They all got along, for the most part, but when they didn't it was not good.
I cut my hair this morning. I called Rainbow right afterwards, and she kindly reminded me that your supposed to call your support system before you pick up the scissors. Oh well, I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. Shari loved it, she raved when she dropped her son off this afternoon. When Desiree came to pick up her sons, she said it was cute, but that my hair was so pretty before....there you go, mixed reviews.
So my day was cutting my hair, cleaning my house, cooking for kids, visiting with fellow moms, and talking on the phone...between Rainbow, Melissa, Jeff, Rainbow again, and Mom my phone battery actually started to die. It doesn't sound like much, but I am exhausted.
Oh, and Jeff's heart was doing that flip-flop thing again. He called his doctor who had him meet him at the ER. After running some tests he sent Jeff home with some potassium and instructions to lay off the caffeine.
We had tostado salads for a late dinner, and are now trying to settle down for the night. I promised I would post a picture of new do...so here it is. Rather shocking, I know.

Tomorrow comes early, I need to leave earlier to get gas on the way to church and to turn on the heat in the nursery. Our volunteers for tomorrow are first-timers. I hope it goes smoothly.

Oh, and the safe trip comment was for Manny heading back to work this morning. I guess that wasn't clear, that's what I get for blogging so late at night.

Good Night All!

4 comments:

Renlim73 said...

I think your hair looks cute!
I also think you need some Lori time!
I love you & miss you- Thank you for being there for me, it means the world!

Kim said...

I realized that you were talking about Manny after I reread your blog. I should have known, he's the one always coming and going! Your hair is very cute, I did the same thing about 2 wks ago. It feels good to have the weight lifted.

Maureen said...

Looks very cute Lori. Get ya some big hoop earings to go with the new hair duo.

Rainbow said...

Love it!!!!!!!!!