Thursday, April 15, 2010

April 14th

No workout. 

A friend asked me if I would give her a sister a ride to a doctor's appt.  For a variety of reasons there was no one else available to take her, and she really needed to be seen, so of course I took her.  Well, from there we were sent to Bremerton Naval Hospital, and from there we were sent to Madigan.  This beautiful young woman, facing some pretty serious symptoms of her MS, was more concerned that she was inconveniencing me than she was about getting the help she needs.  They admitted her at Madigan, and I felt horrible about leaving her there alone after she was taken to her room. 

For those of you who pray, please add Carie to your prayers for her recovery; and please add her family to your prayers for their comfort: that those who are able to will be there for Carie, and that those who are unable to physically be there will realize they have been there for emotional support and for getting her help.

My sister-in-law had the boys while I was gone, and I went to pick them up in the evening.  On my way home I got a voicemail from my other sister-in-law (Jeff's sister) saying she needed to talk to me about my mother-in-law and her husband.  I didn't call her back until Jeff's brother to pick up Joshua after youth group.  I figured he'd want to know what was going on, and I actually ended up giving him the phone.  My mother-in-law's husband has been in the hospital since Tuesday.  He has pneumonia and congestive heart failure.  He's in his 80s, and has been in a nursing home for the last 6 or 7 years.  He may not make it through this time.

More prayer requests:  Charles recovery, or quick and painless passing...that the Lord's will be done.  Marlene needs comfort and strength to get through this trying time.  Linda needs strength and patience and possibly help while she helps her mother deal with all of this.

Okay, it's already 8 a.m.  I need to start looking at getting today's workout done and getting on with things.  I hope you all have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Wow...that's allot of tragedy. Makes me grateful for what I have and my family has. They will all be in my thoughts, keep us posted.