Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Little Monster

Tommy is just a bundle of energy, into everything and wants to do everything. He amazes me.

Today at swimming he surprised me. He was watching a class across the pool, the youngest class. There were a couple boys who were being coaxed into jumping into the water, from the pool deck, into their instructors arms. The next thing I know, Tommy is gesturing for me to take him to the ladder, which I did. I figured he was curious and wanted to see what it was...nope! He reached out and grabbed the handholds and hoisted himself right up the ladder and onto the pool deck, then he turned around and jumped into my arms! I let him climb the ladder and jump a few more times, then I tried to distract with a ball or rubber duckie or something, no such luck. He convinced me to take him to the pool side where he spent most of the next 45 minutes hauling himself out of the water and then jumping back into my arms in the pool. Of course, he was supported the entire time, his head never went under, and he had a blast! He did change from standing and jumping in to sitting and trying to dive in when he saw the older class was doing something along those lines. Oh boy, he's going to be fun to watch grow up!

Travis and Tyler are doing well in their lessons. Travis did a belly flop today that looked rather painful, and he won the cannonball contest...pride was the prize. Tyler is just having fun.

I have a headache. Allergies are taking their toll this year, on Tyler and Tommy more than me. Poor guys.

Melissa, it was great talking to you tonight. I checked out the Pioneer Woman's blog...pretty nice. I like the lodge where she does her homeschooling, and I love her attitude. I didn't have time to peruse the rest of the blog...recipes and all. How ever did you find her?

Well, good night everybody!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sounds like a handful in the pool! Glad is he brave, good to get them started young. Mine were both very timid with the water until about 5 yrs old.