Monday, March 15, 2010

Retreat

I had a very good time at the retreat.  There were some good speakers, good music, and I had the chance to get to know some of the ladies from church better.  I even participated in the worship team rhythm section, playing tamborine, too funny!

Friday evening we went for a swim in a warm pool, it was almost bathtub warm, it was so nice.  Saturday afternoon we walked around, shopping; went for a walk on the boardwalk and on the beach.

The focus of the retreat was on refreshing your faith, and I think I've managed to come home with some tools for keeping my faith fresh.  I took notes anyway, and learned how other women deal with the challenges they face.  Good stuff.

The only complaint I would have for the weekend would be the incredible amount of junk food and salty food on hand, and the amount of sitting we did.  That's really not a good combination.  Water was not among the offerings for drinks either, although there was a drinking fountain.  I came home bloated, and gained two pounds.  I'm pretty sure those two pounds are not fat, but water.  If I go again, I will take fresh fruit and a supply of water with me.

1 comment:

Rainbow said...

I'm so glad you had a fun time...It's nice to get away once in awhile we all deserve it...