Friday, October 24, 2008

All the kiddies are tucked into bed.  Tyler had fun at the hockey night, but I noticed when he got home tonight that his "twitch" was back.  We're going to have to find a way to help him get over that. 

Travis and Jeff are leaving first thing in the morning.  All their camping gear is ready to go.  I'll take Tyler down to Lowe's in the morning for the project building, and our friend's will meet us there.  From there I will have two extra kids until Sunday afternoon, as their mom and older brother will be joining the Scouts on the campout.

 
 

I'm planning on taking the boys over to the corn maze that the youth group went to last weekend.  It looked like fun.  We'll stop on the way to pick up fruit snacks and granola bars, and we'll make sure we have gloves and hats and maybe even cocoa in a thermos.

 
 

I am pleased to say that we have Halloween costumes under control, but I'm not saying what they are.  You'll just have to wait for me to post pictures after the fact.  It is nice to have it out of the way this far in advance.  It is also nice to know that I will not be buying Halloween candy at all this year.  We will be gone long before the trick-or-treaters come out, and we won't be home until after they've gone.  That means no candy to snack (binge) on. 

 
 

Melissa, I hope you and your family enjoy your last get-together until after the holidays.  I pray that you will all be safe in your travels. It's weird to think we are that close to the holidays. You will be here when?


 

Rainbow, I never answered the Singing Christmas Tree question. It's a beautiful concert put on each year by the Christian Life Center in Tacoma. You can see information about it at http://www.life-center.org/events/christmas.php . Churches do this all across the country, you should go see one if you get the chance.


 

Oh, and about the 80's, big hair, and black mascara—while I was getting ready to go to the Board of Review on Tuesday, Travis was playing Rock the 80's in the living room. Try doing your hair and make-up to look like a respectable Scout leader while "Bang Your Head" is blaring in the background. I even commented on it at the time, I thought it was funny.


 

That's all for new, I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Rainbow said...

quiet riot HMMMMMMMMMM. Tell Travis that was my second record I ever bought!! My first was Joan Jett (yes that ages me)LOL... Later...........Love...........Rainbow

Lori said...

Yeah, well Travis and Josh were asking me if I'd ever heard some of these songs before, figuring I must just hate them. I had to inform them that I'm the person who picked out that particular game, and that in the 80's I went through their ages (8, 11, 14 and then some...)Talk about aging!