Friday, October 24, 2008

My Day Off

Alrighty, I have had a fairly slow day today. I even took a nap this morning, and I needed it. Yesterday afternoon I was reading some jokes and I just couldn't stop laughing, I was so tired. Travis came and took the baby from me, and looked at me like I was crazy.

I missed most of the Court of Honor last night, little Mr. Thomas just doesn't know about being respectfully quiet during ceremonies. Next time I think I'll have to get a sitter. I am very proud of Travis though. He looks all grown up in his uniform, and he stands up front nice and tall, and speaks loudly and clearly. He has really matured. (sniff, sniff) He even handled it very well when Tommy came running up to him to be held. Travis just stooped down and picked him up and held him, until it was time to recieve his badges and paperwork....then he handed him over to me.

Travis just earned his Tenderfoot rank, and I need to get it sewn onto his uniform tonight, as he and Jeff will be leaving first thing in the a.m. to go on an overnighter. It's cold, so I hope they remember to pack gloves, brrrrrrr.

My proud cooking moment...I was asked to bring a crockpot of spaghetti to the Court of Honor dinner, and I made the sauce myself. I know that's not a big deal for a lot of people, but for me it was. I usually only cook from scratch for my family, and would normally have used a canned sauce for the dinner, but I made it all from scratch and it turned out great! (if I may say so myself)

I have to run Tyler to a play date down the road, so will have to finish "catching up" later. I do want to say, "Rainbow, you look very pretty in that proud auntie picture. Melissa and I both said so, at the same time on the phone the other day."

Next week really isn't as busy as the past couple weeks. I will be able to stay more current for awhile.

Later!

1 comment:

Rainbow said...

Travis does sound so grown up, Its hard to imagine (only because I'm not there on a daily basis, don't take it the wrong way Travis, LOL) But I can tell on the phone and through the photos. Later..........Love......Rainbow