Thursday, October 2, 2008

Getting Back on Track

This was from last Thursday....Tommy disconnected me before I had a chance to actually post it, and I have been fairly busy since.



Hey, the TV stayed off most of the day. At least until Jeff turned it on this afternoon. That was a good start to getting back on track.



I started the day ironing, of all things. The boys got their chores done, we did some reading, and I had to give Tommy's stuffed duckie CPR after Tyler ran it over with his police truck. Tyler made "Tyler's Homemade Vegetable Soup" for dinner, which meant I didn't have to worry about it, and we managed to find 20 minutes between rain for a walk.



It was a typical day around here...nothing much to report. Oh, and nobody really gave me the impression I'm not fun. it's just a fact I've lived with most of my life. Melissa may be right, it may be the level-headedness. It may be sitting around listening to people talk about their social lives, too. It does get depressing realizing that other people actually get out and do stuff. I'm sorry if I was having a pity-party. At the Bible study last night the suggestion that we take one Wednesday a month and make it date night came up, and I was left thinking I would be hanging out in the church nursery, since Jeff works nights.



We are going out on Nov. 8th. Jeff's company party is that night, and it's a dinner cruise. Maybe I can buy a new dress for that night.



We're also planning Tyler's birthday for the 9th at Kart Trax. We're teaming up with another boy from church whose birthday is the same day, and one whose birthday is a week later. That way we can all afford it a little better, and we'd all be inviting each other to separate parties anyway.



Melissa, the Singing Christmas Tree tickets are on sale!

2 comments:

Renlim73 said...

How cool! Glad to hear you are getting back on track. And you can have a date at a different time, since Jeff works nights. Maybe an afternoon or morning date?
When is the Singing Christmas Tree on?

Rainbow said...

A date?? Hum whats that LOL?? It sounds like fun you two deserve it. What is the singing christmas tree??...........Rainbpw