Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Is there anybody out there?

Hello!?! Is there anybody out there? Am I all alone in blogger land? Rainbow, Melissa, where are you?

Well, it's Wednesday. We have church stuff to do tonight. Right now Tommy is napping, and the older boys are off at the store with Jeff. This is why I have a few moments to type.

This week feels like it's dragging a little, maybe because we haven't been so busy. The Pack Meeting on Monday was fun. We seem to have some new energy with our change of leadership, and that's probably a good thing.

I turtled, again, at TOPS. So, I have renewed my dedication to exercise. So far, so good...I have managed to get in a 20 minute cardio each day, and at least 10 minutes of strength training. In addition to that, yesterday I walked a mile twice; the first time I walked the boys halfway to Billy's house, and the second time I met them halfway as they were coming home. It has been more difficult to get a walk in every day, now that all the evening activities have started, and we have school work to get done. I'm still trying to get that worked out.

Maybe next week I will renew my dedication to logging my food and tracking my calories. I know that makes a difference. I get it into my head that I don't want to spend the rest of my life writing everything down; I forget that I can stop writing it all down once I've reached goal weight. As long as I can maintain without tracking it, that's great.

First thing this morning Tyler got into his costume. They're having a costume party at WOW! tonight, and he's a little anxious. I took a picture of him reading his Cub Scout Book, and I just love the look on his face. I can't wait to share it with you.

I think I hear the boys home now. Gotta go!

3 comments:

Renlim73 said...

You are not alone! lol
Always love hearing what's going on with you and your family. Not too much here, but am doing a catch up blog anyway. :) Take care, and see you in 25 days :)
~Melissa

Rainbow said...

Enjoy the silence...Enjoy that things have slowed down a bit because we all know holidays are amoung us HA HA HA the craziest time of year... Are you in the new leadership at scouts?? Love......Later....Rainbow

Lori said...

I guess I am in the new leadership at Scouts, kind of. I've been a registered leader with our pack for years, but this is my first year as a den leader. We also have a new Committee Chairperson, a new Wolf den leader, a new Cub Master, a new Awards person, a secretary in training, and a new Blue & Gold Chairperson (finally, I had that job for 4 years running).

Most of our leadership has transitioned out of the pack or will be transitioning out this year, as their sons graduate into Boy Scouts.

I am in a unique position of having been with the pack the longest, and still having 3 years to go in the Pack with Tyler. There will be a 2 or 3 year break between Ty and Tommy, then we'll be back in Cubs for 5 more years.