Wednesday, October 8, 2008

WOW!

Worship On Wednesday! We got home almost 2 hours ago. It was a good day.

I know from my test that text comes through just fine, but pictures aren't super easy unless I find a different storage place online for my pictures, or unless the pictures are already uploaded to Picasa. Oh well, I can still do the pictures the way I was before.

I don't usually decorate for Halloween, except for the day of Halloween and maybe a day or two before. We do jack-o-lanterns and have a creepy spider thing, ghosts, etc… This year I bought the kids some placemats, and am considering getting those skeleton hands holding goblets, but haven't decided for sure.

I do decorate for autumn. I put some finishing touches on that today, and smiled when I realized that it will still look like that when Melissa and Geoff get here. Jeff picked up some cool pine cones for me in Tacoma last month, and I kept meaning to use them in a candle arrangement. Today I soaked them in some liquid potpourri and then sprinkled some glitter on them. I love the way they turned out, and I put them in my crystal candle holder with four tall tapers. I set that on the china cabinet, and scattered some loose fabric leaves around it. The candle bowls on either side have butterscotches and candy corn in them. (The candy changes with the seasons too: summer is usually life savers, winter is peppermint and Werther's, and spring brings jelly beans. LOL)

I also got out my scarebear and set him on the dining room table, which already has autumn table linens on it. It's not fancy, but it works for me. I keep praying for a dining room that doesn't have to double duty as a school room; the books, and other school supplies take away from the simplicity of my décor.

The fireplace simply has an autumn leaf garland draped across it, a couple of little scarecrows, and the standard oil lanterns. I'm debating about putting a pillar candle up there.

I talked my grandpa into giving me the tortilla bowl basket that was hanging on the wall in the basement. He only hesitated slightly, conceding that he would probably never use it, that my grandma probably never used it, and that I could have it if I would use it (there's drama there, but I'm not going into it here). Long story short—Melissa and Geoff I have to make you the tostado salads I made today. The boys raved about them, and they were great! Tyler said it was the best meal I've ever made. Even Jeff was impressed. Yum!

We went over to the church tonight, and one of the first things I did was have a talk with the head chef, who also plans the menus.


I said, "Steve, what's on the menu for the next week?"

"I haven't decided yet, why?"

"Well, I would like to not make the same thing before I come to the church."

There was a slight pause, then he said, "You made spaghetti last week, didn't you?"

"Yep."

"Did you have tacos today?"

"We had tostado salads."

"Don't make hot dogs next week, Lori."


You have to admit, it's kind of funny that we had same thing both at home and at church two weeks in a row. I jokingly told his wife to just e-mail me every week when he decides on the menu.

Bible Study was good tonight. We had a few more people. I told our fearless leader that I had indeed invited my friends, and that at least one of them would probably come when she gets here from Australia. He chuckled, a little, and then said he would try to up his game before you get here, so you'll have something to look forward to.

That's enough boring you for now. I have nothing planned for tomorrow, other than school and general housework.

Congratulations Auntie Melissa and Uncle Geoff. I'm starting to feel a little left out, there's not much chance I will ever have a niece or a nephew that wasn't already born when I married Jeff.

No comments: