Sunday, October 12, 2008

Getting Ready for Another Week

Amanda's cake table



Getting ready to blow out the candles



Whew! We made it through last week, and are headed into the next one.

I may be coming down with something. I got a horrible splitting headache this afternoon, which is very unusual for me. Then I couldn't taste dinner. That was disappointing because we barbecued steak for Amanda's B'day party, and I made garlic mashed potatoes and green bean casserole. I couldn't even taste the cake. I could only make out sweet and spicy. Oh well!

I am officially done with selling popcorn. The boys still want to ask people they know at church, and people in the neighborhood; but I am done standing outside of stores for hours at a time. At least until next year. They have about 10 days before they need to turn in their order forms.

Today I stayed home from church to be with Tommy, he was acting kind of sick. I also made Amanda's birthday cake and cleaned up the house some. It was a slow day after that. My mother-in-law was here for awhile, along with Scott, Amanda, & Josh. We all sat around and watched the Seahawks bomb out. Boy were they bad. I'm almost glad I'll be missing Monday night football next week.

I think I'd like to see a chiropractor. My neck and shoulders have been really bothering me for a couple of weeks now.

My step-sister sent me a friend invite on myspace. That was cool, I haven't heard from her in years. She's a nurse now, and a good one apparently. She has a lot to be proud of.

Here's a run-down of what's going on this week, in case I don't get a chance to blog. I don't have time to be sick either.

School with boys all week.

Monday night: Boy Scout Meeting 6:30-8, Cub Scout Den Meeting from 7-8:, followed by Boy Scout Board of Review from 8-9. I'm supposed to be the leader of the review (ha ha, yeah right) because I am technically the advancement chair. I need to find a way to get out of this particular position. I haven't actually planned out the den meeting yet either, but have several things to fall back on if need be.

Tuesday night: Church teachers dinner and training session, 5:30-7:00ish

Wednesday night: WOW!, Youth Group, and Adult Bible Study 5:30-8:00

Thursday night: Martha Circle Bible Study 6:00-whenever we get done.

Friday night: Collapse and hope the boys don't want friends to sleep-over, or hope they do so they will be entertained?

The good news is that I have no plans whatsoever for next Saturday. I hope to get some of Tommy's clothes boxed up until he grows into them.

Okay, that's enough for now. Have a great week everybody!

3 comments:

Rainbow said...

you do realize your weeks sound like mine did when you asked me several times how do you do it. And now you are doing it plus one more kid LOL I love it.. I finally get to see what Amanda looks like and I love the cake that was so nice of you. Love.........Later......Rainbow

Renlim73 said...

You are an amazing woman, and keep up alot better than I imagine I would.
Keep up the good work!
~Melissa

Lori said...

Head inflating....enough with the flattery! I love you guys! Miss you more than you know.