Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Picking Up Life

Well, now that we are all over the cold (for the most part) we have to pick up where we left off. It's amazing how one week can blow all well planned schedules apart. I was frustrated to realize that the TV had been on almost all day today--yikes! I told the boys we are back to business tomorrow.

Tonight was our first night of WOW! Worship on Wednesday. I think we all had a good time. We have started a new format at the church. Elementary kids, youth group, and young adults Bible study all meet at the same time now. Yay! We have dinner from 5:30-6:00, then separate. For my family that means we all go in different directions. Travis is a first-year youth grouper, Tommy's in the nursery, Tyler is with the the young kids, and I get to (for the first time) not teach, but go up to Bible study after I've finished my registrar duties.

This being the first night, it was a small group--two men and me. It was interesting, and I know the group will grow, but when the group leader suggested inviting friends, all I could think was that my friends are soooooooooo far away.

Most of the people I know here, I know from Scouts or sports club, and they already attend church. I was thinking it would be fun to have Rainbow, Manny, Geoff, and Melissa at Bible Study. You are all such fun people, so are these couples at the church. I know I'm not a fun person, I'm reliable (usually), trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, clean, and reverent (LOL, Boy Scout Law, or most of it). But I'm not fun...and I can live with that.

Nothing terribly exciting. Off to bed after I fold laundry.

Good night!

--Lori

4 comments:

Renlim73 said...

You are too Fun! Maybe too level headed sometimes, but so am I. I think that is part of why we are friends.
And if all goes well, I would like to go with you. Don't know if I will have anything other than blue jeans to wear, but would love to attend with you!
I have that- My friends live too far way feeling all the time! But we keep going.
Love you & will talk to you soon, and see you next month!

Rainbow said...

So who gave you the impression you weren't fun?? I guess that all depends on who's definition you are using. I think your fun. Bible study HMMMMMMMM?? You never know.? Love... Rainbow

Rainbow said...

oh where oh where can our lovely Lori be????

Lori said...

Busy, Busy, Busy